Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Foofoo

lets brainstorm ideas for megawads in vanilla doom

i have an idea- "Bone Reckoning Blood" in it, you play as the marine and you have to go through brown walled places and fight monster to save level D:

That's Quake, silly.

Here's my idea: you are some dude, you grab a baseball bat, and you whack Foofoo with it a few times till he bleeds some.

You're a long-term Doomer who've always been building your own devilishly hard maps, stuffed with monsters, traps, and puzzles. One day when you wake up, you find to your horror that you are the Doom guy and have been trapped inside your own megawad! Finding yourself standing at the beginning of map01, you know that the only way back to the real world is through the interdimensional gate at the end of map30. There's only one thing to do. As you walk through the main entrance of the base, you hear animal-like growls echoing throughout the distant corridors. They know you're here. There's no turning back now.

Nuts² - A single monster in map 1, and every map has twice as many monsters as the previous map.

Making it 1073741824 monsters in map 30 ... presuming map 31 and 32 have 2^31 and 2^32 (4294967296) monsters respectively, yikes!

You have to find a keycard in a spaceport thats hidden behind a crate, while destroying ridiculous numbers of lost UAC machines. Or something like that old map generator used to come out with.

cycloid said:
Making it 1073741824 monsters in map 30 ... presuming map 31 and 32 have 2^31 and 2^32 (4294967296) monsters respectively, yikes!

Actually, no, map 30 would have "only" 2^29 = 536870912 monsters.
Map 1 would have one monster, i.e. 2^0, map 2 two monsters, i.e. 2^1, and map n would have 2^(n-1) monsters. [/pedantic twit]

The first level has one of those floors that reduce your health to 11% and then exit the map, then you must play the rest of the levels without getting hit.

Or you get a set amount of ammunition in every five maps or so, and then must play through to the next stockpile without depleting all of it.

Dr. Zin said:

you must play (...) the levels without getting hit.

This reminds me certain famous wad.

Ichor said:

Nuts² - A single monster in map 1, and every map has twice as many monsters as the previous map.

There's a whole book devoted to that, oddly enough: http://students.ou.edu/W/Kathryn.E.Wilson-1/book.html

dutch devil said:

Or create maps where monsters walk along the ceiling :)

Like in Icarus map05 and part of Icarus map20? The novelty could wear off after a while.

Christ FooFoo... make a new wad, Grove 2 or something, hell I don't know. You're stuff kicks ass so I don't care as long as you're working.

kristus said:

What, work instead of making silly treads like this? You must be kidding, now about Ashun Doom2?

What are you talking about? It's been out for three weeks now.

Scuba Steve said:

Christ FooFoo... make a new wad, Grove 2 or something, hell I don't know. You're stuff kicks ass so I don't care as long as you're working.

look out for Nuove! :o a combination of nuts and grove. coming shortly

Foofoo said:

A wad that combines way too many enemies and trees? Oh god, there's goes my computer. :P

// ---------------------------------------------------------------
// Code for 64*64 MEGAWAD
// Version 0.ff6 - 13.10.2006 21:24
// Written in forumC using the_EnglishLanguage as a base for code.
// ---------------------------------------------------------------

#a = 64*64 + MEGAWAD;

You(have)
{
   a += 64*64 / siZed * ROOM;
   and(oNe < of)
         the_Walls + have / a;
   EXIT + SWITCH;
}

then(you_Press = the / SWITCH)
{
   and_you *get;
   to      *the;

next(an_Level);
}

after(the = 1; InterMISSIon < 3; SCRE3N++)
{
    which(could <= have)
         a -= DIFFERENT;
    looking = a + EXIT / SWItCH;
}

there
{
    could_Be += some_monSters;
    Stuck_to -= the_waLls + too;
    De-taIling(could_Be)
    {
         making += the;
         R0OM = cylin_Drical;
    }
}and_there(could_Be < a)

lamp_in(the ceiling, which you)
{
    can  *not;

see_properly();
    if(you < are)
         notUsingMouseLook = which;
    obiviously = is_missing;

from(vanillaDoom);
    there(should_Be)
    {
         no_old = textures * used;
         because -= there_needs;
    }
    to -= be * textures / that;
}

toilet_Messages(around the, walls the)
{
    the  *messages;
    need *to;

be = funny;
    and(written)
          like = these + messages;
}

Foofoo said:

Join cc3 joker

How about a giant crate maze? You're inside a giant crate among tons of other tiny crates trying to get out. You use crate launchers. You pick up crates as items. The enemies are all crates. All of the textures, flats, and skies are crates. Finally, you yourself are a crate.

Ichor said:

How about a giant crate maze? You're inside a giant crate among tons of other tiny crates trying to get out. You use crate launchers. You pick up crates as items. The enemies are all crates. All of the textures, flats, and skies are crates. Finally, you yourself are a crate.

That's a crative idea. Oh no it's affected me too D: