Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMer87

The Likeliness of the Van Halen Reunion

In 1985, Van Halen, one of the greatest rock bands of all time, fired its singer, David Lee Roth. He went solo as you probably already knew. The group hired Sammy Hagar to take Roth's spot. Since then, people have been waiting for the Van Halen reunion. It was nearly achieved in 1996, with the greatest hits album having 2 new tracks with Roth. The 4 original VH members appeared at the MTV music video awards in 1996 onstage for the first time in over a decade with a standing ovation. They broke up without doing a reunion tour, but the Van Halen brothers admitted that they never told Roth he was fully back in the band. In 2000, they shortly reunited for about a month but no new material came out. In 2006, Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth have both said that they are up to reuniting. And Eddie has even said that he is no longer angry at Roth and they could possibly play a couple of shows. But he also said that he is angry at Michael Anthony, the bass player, for calling him and Sammy Hagar the other half of van halen. I think that, since Ed is up to it, and Roth is up to it, and Alex will probably do it, I think the reunion is likely, but it won't be a true reunion because Anthony most likely won't be a part. Any opinions?

Man, those guys are some emo drama queens. "ZOMG he said we were the other half of Van Halen? HOW COULD HE?! Whimper." :p

listening to the cd's... cool. watchin the videos... cool. seein 'em all old and on stage... lame. all those aged rockers need to stop. rolling stones, aerosmith, the who... they need to just stop. how many farewell tours has the who had? why does kiss need to tour when they make money off of the vast merch empire they've built? ozzy? HELLO!!! the man is practically killin himself doin ozzfest! sorry to rant, but I'm just tired of it.

I'd like to see them all come together again. roth/eddie/michael a /alex. but with eddie pissed at micheal a. now, it just go's to show theres gotta be a little control freak in him floating around as in someone allways has to be "it" but a full VH reunion would be great (cd+tour) for atleast one last time.

Now the rolling stones should have given up after keef's fall. the second leg of the abb tour had them return to the states only to re-visit areas where they sold out stadiums just 5-6 months prior (w/ $300-450 ticket prices) poor ticket sales had entire upper levels tarped off in chicago just this past week (along with the poorest playing by keith so far this tour)

But i have to admit that van halen and co. are not aging as gracefull as the rolling stones at that age (early 50's) but eddie can still play from what i hear, especialy when he's not drunk (from a re-occuring alcohol problem)

VileSlay said:

listening to the cd's... cool. watchin the videos... cool. seein 'em all old and on stage... lame. all those aged rockers need to stop.

Yes, people who get old should not be allowed to do the things they enjoy anymore.

I don't blame the bands. I blame the fans who still buy tickets even though they know the show is going to be some has beens mumbling into a mike and stumming some power chords.

VileSlay said:

listening to the cd's... cool. watchin the videos... cool. seein 'em all old and on stage... lame. all those aged rockers need to stop. rolling stones, aerosmith, the who... they need to just stop. how many farewell tours has the who had? why does kiss need to tour when they make money off of the vast merch empire they've built? ozzy? HELLO!!! the man is practically killin himself doin ozzfest! sorry to rant, but I'm just tired of it.

Your looking at it rather narrow minded but I only agree because most of these aged rockers rip yah for close to a hundred bucks a ticket but in their eye point its really only the reason they still have to exist is performing. They never had any real job and when they sit at home with their fast fortunes it still comes up empty unless they're still living the old days until they are physically UN capable. And if you complaining because they’re old and decrepit I just came back from a Alice Cooper show for the second time this year and he's got more energy then I do. But I do agree that shows like the Stones and who are just bloody rip-offs.

Zaldron said:

Yes, people who get old should not be allowed to do the things they enjoy anymore.

Well, he's right, but more about the "on stage" part than the "all old" part. Though you could argue it's old by default.

Lüt said:

Well, he's right, but more about the "on stage" part than the "all old" part. Though you could argue it's old by default.

Heh, why can Blues and Jazz composers do their thing well into senility but it's not ok for rockstars?

That's because it's not a freaking angst band. With today's audience, if it's not angst, it's not rock, and it is completely null.

Zaldron said:

Heh, why can Blues and Jazz composers do their thing well into senility but it's not ok for rockstars?

O_o

Oh. What I meant by "argue it's old" is people can be, for lack of better terminology, anti-live, saying that it (the live performance itself) is old since we've heard the song on the album 100 times and it's pointless/redundant to go around playing the exact same thing note-for-note live. Like me, though I'm not anti by any means.

leileilol said:

That's because it's not a freaking angst band. With today's audience, if it's not angst, it's not rock, and it is completely null.

idiot.

1) There are more emotions in the world than angst. The current trend of labeling any human emotion as 'Emo!' is vaguely disconcerting.

2) Songs should be inspired by emotion. By the time a band has performed the song 10'000 times, I'd guess they lost what original feeling was behind the song. I don't want some geriatric old fucker telling me about the pain of his first love for the Nth time. Get over it. If they wrote *new* material about how arthritis was killing his hands / how hemorrhoids were making it difficult to shit, then I'd have more respect.

Use3D said:

Who still listens to this crud?

Non Emos who don't listen to Linkin Park or NIN

Eddie Van Halen is an egotistical jerk. The only reason he objects to David Lee Roth is because Roth is a typical rock and roll "front man". Rock and roll singers are going to steal the limelight in any group and Eddie wants to be seen as the lead of the group. Eddie is a great musician, but his his smiling and styling is never going to put him at the front of the stage. He needs to stand back.

LOL, they should get old decrepid rockstars from a bunch of different bands and form a supergroup. Call it "Too Old For This Shit"

hey, i hate to keep a dead topic alive, but they could actually get back together WITH DAVID LEE ROTH!

http://vhnd.com/articles/061027-04.shtml

It's kinda hard to believe after the 1996 thing, but it's real possible. And the people who think 70s-80s rock bands are dead and emo/boy band shit is in, those bands just plain suck balls.

no, because in my first post i said nothing about any rumors that it could be possibly really happening with an internet link. It pretty much is in the process right now, if this is true.