Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mithral_Demon

My Map Process Status

((If this is in the Wrong Forum , please move it to the correct forum, private message me and i'll continue the process of this Thread and My of course, map.))

Currently, since DB was horrible during my HeavenandHell.wad , the scroll floor wasn't lowering or heightening by 8, which then I made due with 1 (totally f***ed up there) but now it works like a charm, restart though, but the new wad is DeadlyAssualt.wad , which first level is of first area is quite a surprise, just as some people said " Needs to have a spot where your safe unless being shot at by an imp or a Cyber Demon " , so meh, got that, but this is only at startings.

Progress- 20% (what do ya expect, it's level 1!)
Things- 19
Vertices- 80
LineDefs/SideDefs- L.D: 93, S.D: 152
Sectors- 19

Mithral_Demon said:

((If this is in the Wrong Forum , please move it to the correct forum, private message me and i'll continue the process of this Thread and My of course, map.))

Looks good to me.

Progress- 20% (what do ya expect, it's level 1!)
Things- 19
Vertices- 80
LineDefs/SideDefs- L.D: 93, S.D: 152
Sectors- 19

Update!!

Progress- 30-35%
Things- 21
Vertices- 146
LineDefs/SideDefs- L.D: 179, S.D: 260
Sectors- 38 (double =O )

[Edit] Since it's in its proper forum, I'll keep on the update and check up on who and what people say. Will put Screens when starting level 2, screens of level 1 mainly.

Cool, gunna post some early screens? I may be the only one who posts in progress screens but hey, why not.

Mithral_Demon said:

Progress- 30-35%
Things- 21
Vertices- 146
LineDefs/SideDefs- L.D: 179, S.D: 260
Sectors- 38 (double =O )

Progress- 100%
Things- 62
Vertices- 212
LineDefs/SideDefs- L.D: 269, S.D: 380
Sectors- 61

UNFORTUNATELY! The Screenshots have not arrived, don't know the save screenshot code (please don't say " command line- Screenshot" becuase you'll get half screen, one is command other is game)

Mithral_Demon said:

Progress- 100%
Things- 62
Vertices- 212
LineDefs/SideDefs- L.D: 269, S.D: 380
Sectors- 61

UNFORTUNATELY! The Screenshots have not arrived, don't know the save screenshot code (please don't say " command line- Screenshot" becuase you'll get half screen, one is command other is game)

open console, type "bind \ screenshot", close console, press \, screenshot is taken. :)

Thnx mate, and hopefully I could get decent shots with the 2 hard monsters (going to use Notarget cheat so I won't get bothered in process.)

Level 2 status:

Progress: .5%
everything else is unavailable.

Mithral Demon

Mithral_Demon said:

UNFORTUNATELY! The Screenshots have not arrived

What are you doing, taking photos of your computer screen with a camera?

BTW in windows hit PrtSc and then use Paste in MSPaint. Instant screenshot.

Here's teh screenies, hopefully they show up =O :

This one I had to stand on a Sargeant in order to screen.

I love this one, how I got bored and decided to kill the Baron. Kinda got sidetracted so I lost a bit of health.

They turned up just fine. =)
If you're a new mapper, then these are actually quite impressive. If not, then >=^(.
For the second screenshot, lower unpeg the linedef that combines the ledge the hell knight is standing on with the room you're standing in. That way you don't have to go through all the trouble of aligning the texture. :D
I'd also suggest you remove the particle effect in the third screenshot. It looks like something out of Mock2

ACTUALLY! The Hell Knight platform is lowering, I took it as it was lowering, and yes, i'm kindof new, but a hell of a fast learner though, but back to the topic, I'll take out the particles and use those for waterfalls then. But pretty much everything else turned out right. Recently I made a blog so you can give me ideas from blog to my maps =O

Mith

The screenshots look quite simple, but they are nice, if these are your first serious maps! :) Improve yourself and your editing style with experience and you'll do great maps! ;)