Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SyntherAugustus

TA Spring Updated!

http://taspring.clan-sy.com/

All you nerds who play this, this game has updated finally. New features include a spiffy battleroom among other things. I'll update post in a few minutes.

More things:

Dualscreen
Pretty UI ingame (yes it's actually not confusing anymore!)
Better shadows
Updated Plasma particles so it looks better.
Improved shine on units.

Shtbag667 said:

Cool, I used to play that game all the time. I'm checking this out right now. Theres a few maps I made a while ago for TA here if your interested: http://sbag667.doomwadstation.com/

Those screenshots look pretty cool, I wonder how it runs.

Im downloading Snake River - looks good.

Has TA Spring got a proper menu system yet? Last time I tried it, I couldn't start a game.

Its garbage IMO. Wait for Supreme Commander :D Besides, immitating an existing game and naming it similar is just wrong anyway, if not only the immitating is wrong. Even thought the AI sucks, I rather play the original TA and wait for Supreme Commander.

The AI in the original TA was shit. In early versions (like the one my cousin had) it rushed you a lot at the start, which was pretty relentless. But in later versions (the one i got) it just sat there building endless solar panels until you killed it. That was in skirmishes anyway, in the missions it was scripted to do certian things at certian times so "seemed" intelligent

CodeImp said:

I think this is from the makers of TA, but its not called Cavedog, perhaps they renamed their company.

Not so much as they renamed their company but more like their company went under and they are now all at a different company. Kind of like how the Black Isle guys are now mostly working for some other company...though I can't remember the name.

Danarcy said:
Not so much as they renamed their company but more like their company went under and they are now all at a different company. Kind of like how the Black Isle guys are now mostly working for some other company...though I can't remember the name.

Gas Powered Games (Dungeon Siege) has Chris Taylor of TA, and is developing SupCom as a spiritual successor to TA, similar to the relation between BioShock and System Shock.