Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
renagade

Unknown project

Looks pretty good, nice atmosphere, and the light levels are fine. It'll appear much less darker in game (that's something alot of people don't understand). There's alot of orthogonal angles, but the hanging metal structures break that up a bit.

The only niggle that I have with what you've shown it is that the shadows casts by the hanging metal things are a bit dark. Since it's an open area, light "bounces" around a bit more and softens the shadows of such details. Of course you don't have to make alot of extra sectors to smooth out your lighting, you could just brighten up the sectors a bit and it'll look more believable ;) Also, the backmost walls are a bit bland. Put some columns (perhaps round) in there and it'll be good.

Good texture usage, btw.

EarthQuake said:

Looks pretty good, nice atmosphere, and the light levels are fine. It'll appear much less darker in game (that's something alot of people don't understand). There's alot of orthogonal angles, but the hanging metal structures break that up a bit.

The only niggle that I have with what you've shown it is that the shadows casts by the hanging metal things are a bit dark. Since it's an open area, light "bounces" around a bit more and softens the shadows of such details. Of course you don't have to make alot of extra sectors to smooth out your lighting, you could just brighten up the sectors a bit and it'll look more believable ;) Also, the backmost walls are a bit bland. Put some columns (perhaps round) in there and it'll be good.

Good texture usage, btw.

Thank you, And I'll soften up the shadows of the upper most colums ( THe ones that the hanging bodies are on. ) A bit, Oh, and those back walls? I haven't worked on them, all of my work is within the middle of that room. ;)