Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Boingo

Status of "The Flem Wars"

Greetings to the Eternity team, and its followers.

I am just posting to find out what the current status is for Chex Quest III: The Flem Wars. I know there has never been a release, and I have recently been told that the project was abandoned. I am currently keeping a list of Chex Quest related mods ...

http://invisionfree.com/forums/chexquestforums/index.php?showtopic=1300

... and I would like to know what, if anything, is going on.

R.S.V.P.

It's not abandoned, but most of the mappers that pledged support quit immediately without doing anything, so it's kinda stuck.

, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Quasar said:

It's not abandoned, but most of the mappers that pledged support quit immediately without doing anything, so it's kinda stuck.

Tell me about it. A number of years ago, a group of guys decided that they wanted to help me with one of my projects, so I allowed them to join me and form a group. Instead of one guy (me) with no time to work on the project, there was now a group of five guys with no time to work on the project. The group eventually disolved on its own, with no work to show for it.

Anders, before you start trying to act mega-cool-and-whatnot by using the newproject tag, make sure you check that the person doesn't have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of uses of the newproject tag that only succeeded in making the person using it look like a complete moron, because they did have something to show.