Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dusty

Finally! A pic of my id Software Collection!!

First, my apology if this is the wrong sub-forum. Please move it accordingly, I looked around and was not sure if I should post this here or "Everything Else".

Anyhow...

I have been anxiously awaiting the remodel of my computer room so I could dig my id Software collection out of storage. That day has finally come! I have 11 display cases (which won't be enough) ready to be filled with id goodies. So...I dug it all out and decided to take a photograph of my entire collection. Well, not all of it because I could not fit it all in the pic, but here is about 85 percent of it.

I am working on photographing each individual piece in detail and will be adding that to my website, but that will take weeks as my spare time permits.

If you want to see a FULL sized picture please go to my website. The big pic is 2816x2112 and 2mb so you can see lots of detail. http://www.v8killer.com/id.htm is a direct link to my id Software Collection page.

I am very excited about finally getting to show my collection. Please ask any questions or offer any constructive critique or comments.

Why is the picture watermarked? Are you afraid someone will claim it as their own?

Also you seem to be mising the BFG 316 from he Doom movie.

Who'd you talk out of those cardboard store displays? That kind of stuff is notoriously hard to get ;) Store owners always claim they have to send it back or something. They probably really just like pissing people off and throw them in the dumpster.

kristus said:

Why is the picture watermarked? Are you afraid someone will claim it as their own?

Also you seem to be mising the BFG 316 from he Doom movie.

Yeah, kind of nervous of it being stolen and used. I have had that happen MANY times already and honestly I am very tired of it, so I watermark everything now. If someone is going to use it they will have to do some work to remove the watermarks.

Missing the BFG 316????

Regards,

Dusty

Quasar said:

Who'd you talk out of those cardboard store displays? That kind of stuff is notoriously hard to get ;)

Jest depends on who you know. My former roommate worked at Best Buy and got me some cool doom3/doom movie/doom 3 ressurection stuff (and shirts). Too bad he's mean to me now ;(

Also, I assume you have the Saturn version of Doom and Hexen. Quite a gigantic collection, you're a weird one.

fraggle said:

What's the watch?

The watch is just a cheap thing with a pic of the Doom 3 Baron in the background. Nothing special or official, just cheap and different.

Now the clock next to it, that IS official and VERY VERY rare. It goes with the VHS tape you can see on top of black Doom box that says "Doom" in purple. The clock and VHS tape along with 2 fliers and a high quality media still were sent in a Quake folder as promotional material to a very few select media outlets like Computer Game Review, etc. back in 1995. I have the entire folder but it is not pictured, no room to put it. Its very cool and I have never seen another one anywhere. I have not watched the VHS tape yet, I have to dig a VCR out of storage. I knew I kept a VCR for some reason! :)

Use3D said:

Jest depends on who you know. My former roommate worked at Best Buy and got me some cool doom3/doom movie/doom 3 ressurection stuff (and shirts). Too bad he's mean to me now ;(

Also, I assume you have the Saturn version of Doom and Hexen. Quite a gigantic collection, you're a weird one.

Yes, it is hard to find these things. The big one on the left was brand new in box. The one just to the right that is plain and just says Doom3 was slightly used.

I do have the Saturn version of Doom and I got the Hexen version in last night, but after this picture was taken.

Yes, I'm weird LOL. :)

Dusty said:

Missing the BFG 316????

Regards,

Dusty

There's a model company making models of the movie BFG. I think there was a thread about it posted a few months back but I can't find it. It is comically small and stupidly overpriced.

A very nice collection you have there, I'm impressed with your sheer dedication to id (as opposed to just Doom on it's own), and your ability to acquire some very rare items. I too, am an collector of id games and related merchandise.

Have you considered the long-term consequences of keeping the shrink-wrap on the boxes? Since a lot of these games are over 10 years old, the boxes will be starting to warp quite badly under the shrink-wrap, as it gets smaller and smaller (I can see a few are already suffering from this). Also, in another 10 or 20 years, the (cheap) plastic itself will begin to decompose (i.e. turn into a gluey mass) and start to damage the cardboard irreparably. I've read some stories about collectors of very old games (e.g. Atari) who have had this happen to their boxes.

If you're wanting to keep the boxes in perfect condition well into the future, you might want to consider removing the wrap, perhaps placing the boxes in dedicated archiving bags (made with non-corrosive chemicals).

fraggle said:
There's a model company making models of the movie BFG. I think there was a thread about it posted a few months back but I can't find it. It is comically small and stupidly overpriced.

Yeah I ordered the exclusive Hell-Knight one almost a year ago when the website announced them and now they just emailed me that they finished it. o_O http://www.first4figures.com/exclusivesproduct_detail.asp?range=4&id=35

fraggle said:

The thread is here (it was in Blogs). Dusty's the guy who made that thread... :-)

Anyway, what a massive collection! Respect, man.

AlexMax said:

I see Tricks of the Doom Programming Guru's. Awesome book.

I had one back in the day but used the crap out of it and so I bought this as a replacement. The CD in the back is brand new, never used!

I have another one I bought that the CD was missing even though they said it wasn't. So I don't need it, its for sale if anyone wants it.

Trilinear said:

If you're wanting to keep the boxes in perfect condition well into the future, you might want to consider removing the wrap, perhaps placing the boxes in dedicated archiving bags (made with non-corrosive chemicals).

Very good idea, I have not considered it and was not aware of it. I definitely will have to look into this and thanks for your suggestion, greatly appreciated!

DeumReaper said:

Yeah I ordered the exclusive Hell-Knight one almost a year ago when the website announced them and now they just emailed me that they finished it. o_O http://www.first4figures.com/exclusivesproduct_detail.asp?range=4&id=35

Yep, I have number 005 and 666 on the way myself! :)

Scuba Steve said:

But do you have one of these!?!

Definitely not! Can you tell me more about it, never seen it before...

Grazza said:

Please use the edit button instead of making multiple posts.

Ok and thanks for fixing mine. Sorry!

Regards,

Dusty

Wow, very nice. And here I thought that I had a lot of Doom stuff.

Compared to that, I have nothing :(

Edit - Although I do have the poster that came with Ultimate Doom and the poster for the Master levels as well. I'm sure you have it somewhere in that giant collection... and I have also have shirts for both Doom 3 and the original Doom shirt. I don't expect you not to have any of these as all of them were pretty easy to obtain.

I do envy that Doom64 shirt, too.

You just reminded me that I used to have a Doom 2 box signed by a lot of the old id guys, I am pretty sure it got thrown out several years ago though ;_;

Scuba Steve said:

But do you have one of these!?!

Don't forget this

Dittohead said:

Edit - Although I do have the poster that came with Ultimate Doom and the poster for the Master levels as well. I'm sure you have it somewhere in that giant collection... and I have also have shirts for both Doom 3 and the original Doom shirt. I don't expect you not to have any of these as all of them were pretty easy to obtain.

I do envy that Doom64 shirt, too.

Thanks! Yes I have the shirts and the posters. Well I think I have the shirt, depends on which one you are talking about. None of the posters would fit into the picture. I also have a Doom the Movie poster signed by The Rock, Karl Urban, Rosemond Pike, and 2 others.

The Doom 64 shirt is my favorite, love it! My favorite article of clothing is the Doom coat on the far left.

Linguica said:

You just reminded me that I used to have a Doom 2 box signed by a lot of the old id guys, I am pretty sure it got thrown out several years ago though ;_;
Don't forget this

I don't have that one either. I figured posting this picture would help me add some things to my wish list. I can't believe my wish list is still 2 full pages long with all this! :(

Regards,

Dusty

The first pic I posted is a box I produced for Action Doom, one of 10 I made. Ling's picture is a a teeshirt he made that I own, the only imp sex apparel in existence! I also made 3 Action Doom shirts.

None of which is official id software material.

Scuba Steve said:

None of which is official id software material.

Maybe not but its still cool. :)

You've got enough models to put on a full-scale assault. I'd like to see a stop-motion animation put together from all of those .. :P