Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Csonicgo

Sony Math (ps3 availability at launch)

Are you gonna risk getting a PS3 on its initial run?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Are you gonna risk getting a PS3 on its initial run?

• Hell yes I am! I`ve got my tent set up already!
    • You crazy? I`ll wait a while.
    • I Hate Sony and I ain`t buyin` it.
    • eBay!
    • I don\'t really care about it.

No PS3 for me no matter how awsome the games will be I still wouldn't buy it, that goes for the Xbox360 as well.
The only thing I do with my PS2 is watching dvd movies, got an Xbox as well and its stashed into an dark corner where I never look.

Belial said:

caco_killer: I suggest you notice that you got owned.

No, I didn't get owned, I just don't see the point in having an argument with people who have that kind of attitude. He can go right ahead and think he's a more intelligent person then me, I really don't care.

Very interesting math, you also forgot online retailers like amazon.com, although they will probably work with the real stores and just have the real stores like Toys R Us and Circuit City mail them from the distribution centers.

caco_killer said:

No, I didn't get owned, I just don't see the point in having an argument with people who have that kind of attitude. He can go right ahead and think he's a more intelligent person then me, I really don't care.

You both have too much attitude.

If someone here is to be owned it is up to the moderators to decide.
But stop your bickering nonetheless, it will make everyone look more intelligent.

Belial said:

As for the thread, the last console I cared about was the SNES.

PSX here. Mild interest in PS2 and 360 but both proved to have extreme amounts of gay.

geo said:

Very interesting math, you also forgot online retailers like amazon.com, although they will probably work with the real stores and just have the real stores like Toys R Us and Circuit City mail them from the distribution centers.

Oh right, Online stores. Those are hard to factor in, for obvious reasons, as there are no way to know how many those places get.

HobbsTiger1 said:

PSX here. Mild interest in PS2 and 360 but both proved to have extreme amounts of gay.

I still really enjoy my PS2, but ever since I got my own computer, I've lost interest in future consoles.

Heh, some of you people seem to act like you have to buy a next-gen console. Here's a hint: no one's pointing a gun at you.

I really don't care about the new consoles. I haven't really played videogames all that much lately, aside from Doom, some half-life mods, and the resident evils for PS1, figured I should go back and actually clear them. I haven't played my gamecube in ages, the last game I played for PS2 was GTA:SA, and I haven't played that in months. I might pick up an xbox or a 360 once the price goes down, I really want to play Men of Valor again, the co-op on that was really fun... plus it had an SKS. Anyways, I'm not looking forward to any new games, the PS3 is way too expensive, as is the 360, and I don't want to move around constantly while playing a game as the Wii requires. Also, it seems like consoles are being more shoddily designed all the time. I had to return my first gamecube after 2 weeks, my PS2 has always been a piece of crap, runs choppy alot of the time, has trouble loading. I still have my original SNES from 1993, and it runs flawlessly, my original NES from 1991 still works most the time, and my N64 from '96 is still going strong. So I think I'll just stick with them and my PC, and play the games that are still fun after 8+ years.

Bucket said:

Yellow Dog Linux + Broadband + PS3 = new Skulltag servers!

Given how well homebrew has gone over on the PSP, what makes you think Sony is going to make the PS3 an open platform? I foresee many firmware updates to lock out such users and prevent them from writing programs like emulators.

To be honest, I haven't every really had a problem with any of sony's products. My PS2 still runs flawlessly, and I've had it for YEARS now. My psx stopped working but, i was a little rough on it (taking it to my friends house while on my bike probably wasn't the best idea), and it was almost 10 years old. My sony vaio still runs perfectly, same with my tv. The only thing I've ever had to do, was dust my PS2 cause it was dirty from 5 years of..errm, well dust. I still believe in sony, and I always will.

Danarchy said:

Heh, some of you people seem to act like you have to buy a next-gen console. Here's a hint: no one's pointing a gun at you.

Yeah, but you're at a forum, people just have to bitch about as many things as they can.

I don't want to buy a Playstation 3, but I still have some reserves about the Nintendo Wii. I don't know how well I will enjoy using a glorified power glove (Extremely glorified ;) as the controller, and how well it will work. We shall see shortly ;)

Is it really smart to be directly linking to images from a webcomic, especially one as well-known and popular as VGCats? I'd hate to see Doomworld get some wrath brought down upon it.

Oh no not wrath upon Doomworld!

Veddge said:

I don't want to buy a Playstation 3, but I still have some reserves about the Nintendo Wii. I don't know how well I will enjoy using a glorified power glove (Extremely glorified ;) as the controller, and how well it will work. We shall see shortly ;)

The power glove was for what, 1 game? The Wii controller is for every game. The Wii controller is versatile; the power glove was not.

Really, they are miles apart. I don't see how any comparison can be made.

Quasar said:

Is it really smart to be directly linking to images from a webcomic, especially one as well-known and popular as VGCats? I'd hate to see Doomworld get some wrath brought down upon it.

Scott Ransoomair isn't that kind of guy. he posts it himself all over livejournals and other community places.

Csonicgo said:

Scott Ransoomair isn't that kind of guy. he posts it himself all over livejournals and other community places.

He's allowed. That'd be like "It's OK, Microsoft totally uses Windows on-campus without ever having to register it."

AndrewB said:

The Wii controller is versatile; the power glove was not.

Really, they are miles apart. I don't see how any comparison can be made.

Oh good, so you've held one and used it extensively to make an educated statement about it!

Oh wait, you haven't and he was implying he was staying reserved until he could use it for himself and make his own judgements!

Scuba Steve said:

Are you saying it would be illegal for me to sell my US PSP to a European friend just because the system hasn't been officialy released there?

But isn't that basically what the various entertainment companies managed to push on us with the regionalisation of DVDs?

Anyway - Sony - evil or not, it's irrelevant. It's the fact that we, the consumers, are stupid enough to buy into their marketing scams. If we were more principled or clued in and made our purchases based on that then the "evil" companies would soon change tack or fold. However, we continually hand them enough rope to hang us and then whine like bitches when they do it.

Scuba Steve said:

Oh good, so you've held one and used it extensively to make an educated statement about it!

Oh wait, you haven't and he was implying he was staying reserved until he could use it for himself and make his own judgements!

Hey, it's possible that he's a game developer and has played one already (like a friend of mine actually has)!

But somehow I don't think that's the case here...

Scuba Steve said:

If you sincerely believe that physical contact is a prerequisite to being educated about something, then you're dumb as rocks.