Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RockstarRaccoon

Problem in doom builder.

You have probably made "copies" of one or more of your game configuration file(s).

I once had risen3d.cfg AND copy of risen3d.cfg.This once gave me the same error. Just now tested and I could still recreate the error.

As you can see there are spaces in the second file.

Open up Builder.cfg using notepad and scroll down to the iwads section and check to see if you have "doubled up" on any configs. Just delete in this file the reference(s) and move the actual "copy", ( or copies ) or otherwise file(s) to another directory.

Hope this helps.

You are half right, this is what I did.
But after I started rewriting the copy of Doom2 I immediately changed the name to FreeDoom... It worked the first time, now it dosn't...

Maybe the Regestry is corrupted?
I will Check...

Here is another possibility ...

Have you named you level something like this ...

Map 01

It should be MAP01

It just now happened to me ....D'oh !

I don't know what XWE is. I'm assuming it's like Game File Explorer.
no, it's not named Map 01, it's MAP33...

But why would that matter, I'm not opening the .Wad yet. just the program. It has something to do with the Doom Builder program itself...

cchristianPunckgzsor said:
does it matter if its in the directory:

comp:/F:(hard_disk)/Program files/DoomBuilder|

It shouldn't, but i'm a bit concerned about the | after Doombuilder

If all else fails you may have to "bite the bullet", delete and reinstall DoomBuilder.

the | is what my funny OS does. It just says diretory in the adress bar, otherwise the little win explorer pulls up something else, it's a funny (and somewhat usefull) feature of my OS. it dosn't affect the program.
I'll just backup the config file stuff and see if reinstalling it works...

Ok that worked, I don't know what was wrong though... anyway it seems that my HeXen support patch dosn't work right anymore :(, so I have to start over. oh well...

On another note, the pointless Freedoom patch is almost done, so I might be posting it for Freedoom WAD makers who would benifit...

What is "the pointess Freedoom patch" ? Is it a config file for DoomBuilder ? If it is this is easily done using Boom.cfg and using the Freedoom IWAD as the main wad. Rename Freedooms' IWAD - Doom2.wad to FreeDoom2.iwad first.

I've been getting the same error message. It started after I did my first self-referencing sector, though I'm not sure that had anything to do with it. I've reinstalled Doom Builder twice and the message keeps popping up whenever I try to test my map. It doesn't hurt anything, though, it's just annoying.

Another possibility is that you made or modified a configuration and messed up. A "key name" is basically anything in the configuration that is the name of a structure or to which something is assigned. Examples that could result in this error:

my struct
{
    setting = "blaap";
}

another
setting = 55;
"my struct" contains spaces, big no no! "another setting" is on two lines, but any whitespace is considered spaces, so this is wrong also.