Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shapeless

It's not to late for doom action figures!!!

I know this thread isn't going to make a difference. I'm not expecting id to do anything about it but, it's really not too late to make doom action figures. I know they made miniatures. those were not very popular cause they were never advertised properly, and not sold in stores like Compucenter where fan's can spot them. Unstead they were sold in obscure miniature specialty stores.

The reason I beleave it's not too late to make doom figures is simple. Doom kicks ass!! and I'm talking about oldschool doom1-2.

Alot of toy companies today are making action figures of old movie characters like scarface and Legend ect... So why is it too late to make some kick ass doom figures? I'm positive people who don't know the characters will buy them because the simply look awesome. Now I know fisrt4figues were making some toys and those got canned but that's because of a few simple reasons...

1- The toys looked like hammered shit.
2- They were based off the movie that sucked ass.
3- The movie monster designs were nutered versions of the D3 monsters or at least the 3 that were in the movie. (didn't look close enough to the game designs) And Pinky, the coolest looking monster was made in human form WTF? they should have made a prototype of the demon Pinky, and had the human version in the second wave. Don't they know that if your making a line of figures...you make the coolest/popular characters first?

Sure, I'd probably buy the whole set and I'm sure there's others here that would do the same.

But with that said, I think it'd be a huge flop and will likely never happen. Main reason is because classic Doom is way past it's prime of marketability. I don't think most consumers would feel the need to purchase them even if they looked cool. You'd have to be a hardcore fan to go about collecting stuff like that and it only appeals to a small niche of the gaming market.

Something tells me it is a little too late for Doom action figures. As much as I'd like to see them, they would make a microscopic profit. Unless every regular here buys 4 of them ..

If they got Todd McFarlane to do Doom 3 versions of the majority of the monsters + Dr. Betruger (as a scientist and as the Maledict) I'd buy the entire damn set.

udderdude said:

Something tells me it is a little too late for Doom action figures. As much as I'd like to see them, they would make a microscopic profit. Unless every regular here buys 4 of them ..

32 Figures?

Yeah, I've always wanted to see Doom action figures too. I imagined what they'd look like to me, done in Classic Doom style by McFarlane and his crew:

Doomguy (Flynn Taggart) comes with a pistol, rifle, shotgun, rocket launcher, and BFG. Has a removable mask/helmet.

Doomgirl (Arlene Sanders, would look sort of like Crash from Quake 3) comes with a pistol, shotgun, submachine gun, chainsaw, and plasma rifle.

Albert (with double-barrelled shotgun, uzi, and sniper rifle)

Hidalgo, etc.

Zombies of all varieties and more.

And all of the classic monsters of course, though I'd imagine two of the weaker varieties would come together. Say, one pinky might be bigger and have chomping action or something, one revenant would be a "puncher" while the other has rocket-firing action etc.

That would be really sweet, but it'll never happen. The closest thing we have are the Doom minis.

Mcfarlane toys makes articulated stautes so I don't see chomping/punching action coming from them. also the marines would end up being peg warmers. we would need one marine/doomguy with a focus on the monsters.

Slink said:

Yeah, I've always wanted to see Doom action figures too. I imagined what they'd look like to me, done in Classic Doom style by McFarlane and his crew:

Doomguy (Flynn Taggart) comes with a pistol, rifle, shotgun, rocket launcher, and BFG. Has a removable mask/helmet.

Doomgirl (Arlene Sanders, would look sort of like Crash from Quake 3) comes with a pistol, shotgun, submachine gun, chainsaw, and plasma rifle.

Albert (with double-barrelled shotgun, uzi, and sniper rifle)

Hidalgo, etc.

Zombies of all varieties and more.

And all of the classic monsters of course, though I'd imagine two of the weaker varieties would come together. Say, one pinky might be bigger and have chomping action or something, one revenant would be a "puncher" while the other has rocket-firing action etc.

That would be really sweet, but it'll never happen. The closest thing we have are the Doom minis.

No, no doom novel figures. I think he means the classic doom figures which would definitely be monster-specific which is something mcfarlane probably COULD do well (imo). One marine is all you need to take on the depths of hell (and he'd have to be called "Doomguy", NOT FLYNN TAGGART)

Wow, you sure do seem violently opposed to my suggestion for a suggestion that would probably never see the light of day.

One Doomguy would probably be sufficient, but just consider all of the weaponry you have available in the game. He'd come with what, eight weapons? Maybe they could have a few Doomguys with slightly different uniforms or something, like Crash and Phobos from Quake 3.

I wonder what scale the Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind would have to be?

So there weren't any half-assed variants in the game? What about multiplayer, where each guy is in a different color uniform?

I wasn't violently opposed; I swear no violence came from my opposition. I think the majority of doom fans would agree though that doing a novel based thing would be worse than doing nothing at all.

Scuba Steve said:
32 Figures?

Doom action figures?

Action Doom figures!

Oh ew, someone mentioned the novels...

Someone mentioned the novels?! Then we must BURN THEM. BURN THEM ALL.

*cough*

Uh, yeah. I would definitely buy action figures based on Doom. Heck, id Software was willing to let some company make a Doom board game (You heard me- a freaking board game), so I think they'd jump at the chance to have Doom action figures.

Still, I must agree with other posts here in that they would not sell well. I honestly think that a set with kind of an "id Anthology" theme could sell moderately well, if well-advertised. Y'know, like, including Classic Doom, Doom 3, Quake, Quake II, Quake IV, and Commander Keen. Like, a "Protagonist Set" an' a "Zombie Set" an' a "Boss Set" an' stuff. :E

*wants doom figures*

those are the only things i dont have, besides the novels, of doom. I have almost every dom copy out there... the only ones im missing is the..... i think jaguar one?(could be the wrong system im thinking of.)