Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
T-OB-A

doom-platform

Hi everybody in "DooM-WorlD"!

I'm Tobías Mateo from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I've been working in a game-project for a long time called "DooM-PlatforM".
Here you´ve some screen-shots:

DP (Single-player)

DP (Multi-player)

DP_EditoR

Becouse DooM-PlatforM was created using only the classic DooM graphics (without changes) you can see something strange in the floors perspective (please ignore it :p).

DooM-PlatforM is free for all. You can download it at:
- DooM-PlatforM (web) -
- Download NOW! (FileFront)-
- Download NOW! (RapidShare)-
:) Enjoy it!

PS: I'm starting a DooM forum at:
- DooM-PlatforM (foro) -
(I'll be waiting for you :p)

Bye!

Jeez, dunno if I wanna play this. The layout is really damn confusing and flat looking. Typically, VGA platformers have some subtle shading and depth-of-field tricks to help situate the player, but I see none of that here. It looks way too jumbled together.

Hey that was kind of fun. There are only 4 levels though. I didn't notice at first but you can switch between castillan(spanish) and english.

How low is the bandwidth on your site? Already exceeded. I like the concept, but the background textures are too similar to the those of the foreground. The foreground needs to stand out. And the floors need to be more clearly defined.

Looks interesting, I'll check it up later.

P.D: De qué parte de Bs As sos?

Vegeta said:

Looks interesting, I'll check it up later.

P.D: De qué parte de Bs As sos?

Thanks Vegeta, I am from the capital of Buenos Aires.

PS: The web, the forum and the original Download link are now working again.

Bye.

I think you should drop the Doom textures all together. They look good from a fp perspective but they really weren't designed to be used in the this way. It looks pretty impressive so far though.

I like it, very good work, and nice to see alguien más de Argentina que le guste el DOOM (yo vivo ahí donde se cruzan Urquiza-Coghlan-Belgrano), somos ya cuatro o cinco por acá, lástima que el DOOM no esté en los cibers.
In the other hand, I think the gameplay needs to be polished a bit, perhaps modify the way floors are displayed, make attacks easier to avoid, zombies moving. I think a variant where the player (and monsters) can walk in the eight angles, using certain floor textures for background, and certain for walls, could also be cool.

fraggle: while we consider "DooM" noobish, I have noted in the past through Google and other sources that this usage is very widespread in Spanish and Portuguese speaking countries and is practically considered the norm. Why, I have no idea. But I wouldn't jump up and down on people for using it if you know they come from that background.

Very interesting concept, but looking at those screenshots is confusing. You need a way to make stuff in the foreground stand out from the background. Perhaps shrink the floor textures or something so they're not so imposing and have the sprites lay on top of them. It looks like everyhting is kind of hovering in midair. Better texture contrast would help as well.