Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
RockstarRaccoon

What immerses you ... [Pointless Punckgzsor Posts]

I like the E1 levels. I don't know, something about it makes me think of doom... I would love to see a remake of this with higher detail, but it's not gonna happen, I don't do it for myself because I'm too busy wit HeXen, these are the best map, but anyways:

I like High detial, I LOVED Gothic99.wad.
I also like origionality, example; in a current project, I make a long hallway as one map, then later, a bunch of downward elevators with monsters, like in 'Well of Souls' in plutonia...
yeah, but I assume that everyone else is this way...
I also like a good laugh, Nuts.wad was HILARIOUS, as soon as the loading screen finished, I burst out laughing. esp, the Music. It was fun to beat though....
Forcing the use of the'IDCLIP' cheat is an Idea too...

cchristianPunckgzsor said:

I like the E1 levels. I don't know, something about it makes me think of doom... I would love to see a remake of this with higher detail, but it's not gonna happen...

It already has happened many times. There is a ridiculously large number of E1M1 remakes. Agent Spork's E1M5 remake comes to mind as well. For full episodes, there's Phobos Revisited, and the (supposedly coming out soon) Knee-Deep in ZDoom, for starters.

What.

I really hope you don't do this for your Hexen map.

I like High detial, I LOVED Gothic99.wad.

Really?? detail was way too much an good example how horrible an map can become if you overuse detail.

Forcing the use of the'IDCLIP' cheat is an Idea too... [/B]

That would be pretty stupid having to cheat to beat an map.

You are high, please rethink this when you are sober...

cchristianPunckgzsor also said:

I want the player to be constantly noclipping, then they have to return to normal to grab stuff, like the red key, next to a cyberman.

Riiiight... he's the one who's high. Got it.

I want the player to be constantly noclipping, then they have to return to normal to grab stuff, like the red key, next to a cyberman.

...run straight for the exit and unclip there if a sky/teleplatform out there. no key no cyber no nothing. My powerup should win, but will be beaten by HOM. How can the Doom reviewer cope with the horrible Doom exterior void?

INtentional no-clipping + forced walkaway exists somewhere in Wolf3d, under its Temporary Insanity mod. (not made by me). You could activate a trigger that FORCED you to move forward, through every wall (no-clipping). That trigger closed and you were somewhere else, with noclipping removed. Think about TELEPORTATION. Turning no-clipping on for player may be cool if it's really temporary OR if the player doesn't get trapped outside. Interesting but too risky. But graphics might suffer.

Ya know, voluntary no-clipping may work as long as key parts are sealed in Doom and some monsters can freely move (similar to killing the BLOCKMAP map, but not totally). Portsmen might read this.