• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Fredrik

The Ted Haggard story

Lizardcommando said:

What's the Ted Haggard story?

Haggard is a prominent evangelical minister at a megachurch in colorado springs. He's quite well known and apparently has weekly conference calls with the president. Well, he stepped down from his position the other day after his gay prostitute/meth dealer came forward with voicemails from Haggard asking for a "$100 or $200 supply" of meth. It has created quite a scandal in the past couple days because Haggard isn't really denying anything...he's just trying to play it down. That is he claims he just wanted a massage and that sure, he bought the meth, but he didn't actually do any. Sure thing Ted.

While that's funny for many different reasons...even better is that Kent Hovind is about to find his ass in prison for a very long time.

I love how he tells Dawkins not to be arrogant, then, not even five seconds later, acts in such a way. That man is nuts.

I guess the only curious thing is that people are surprised when they find out this guy is a hypocrite. Time and time again we see people who set themselves up as better, cleaner, more moral than us ordinary folk eventually showing the world that they are actually, far more corrupt and depraved than your average Joe. Yet people are still surprised when it happens.

Personally, I now assume that someone who tries to take the moral high-ground has skeletons in their cupboards and is, in fact, morally corrupt themselves. Unless they prove otherwise I will filter everything they say and do with that assumption in mind. So far I have seen little to indicate that this is an unwise or foolish way for me to operate. :/

I've never heard of this clown. ever. And some asshole at schoool was saying how this little stupid piece of news "MAY help the democrats take control of the house"... my brain started to hurt at this point.

Csonicgo said:

my brain started to hurt at this point.

The dude is a well known figurehead of the american evangelical movement. Your ignorance of him doesn't change that.

2006-11-03 MSNBC: "Haggard admitted on November 3 that he had purchased methamphetamines and received a massage from Jones, but he denied using the drugs or having sex with Jones."

LIAR!

It's about time the so-called "moral" "majority" was brought down from off of its high horse. All these scandals at once are like a political nuclear bomb.

Hey Fredrik, instead of automatically assuming that everybody follows the news or knows the subject, try some links?

FARK has been following this, giving repeated updates about the new details, which I find hilarious. This guy sucks and IMO it just shows that meth can hit anyone and I think that lot of people who grow up in a Fundie Family turn out to be closet queers, no biggie there. He's just another person in a long line of people in the "spotlight" that have given in to drugs and having sex.

Where's the shock or surprise? It's not like he was banging children, that's something that, IMO, would make a real scandal.

Quasar said:

It's about time the so-called "moral" "majority" was brought down from off of its high horse. All these scandals at once are like a political nuclear bomb.

Jim Bakker and racketeering, Jimmy Swaggart and prostitutes, Pat Robertson as himself... they've ALREADY been "brought down" numberous time before. It doesn't matter when a magic dude in space says you're always right no matter what.

Technician said:

The guys a dick. Simple as that.

The guy likes dick. Simple as that.

Quast said:

The dude is a well known figurehead of the american evangelical movement. Your ignorance of him doesn't change that.

I live in the Bible Belt, son. I still haven't heard of him.

Weekly conference calls with the president, eh? Funny how that's ...considered a bad thing.

Edit: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-2438730,00.html Apparently it is.

"Just when the Republicans thought it couldn’t get any worse, it has."

Republicans? What the hell? Are they trying to connect this with the Midterm elections?! This "news" did absolutely nothing to the GOP. Nobody from the GOP is even concerned about this shit, because it won't hurt the midterm elections!

Sure it will. It just adds fuel to the fire of the Mark Foley scandal and other miscreant deeds of members of the dominating party. Haggard may not be a member of the 3 branches of government, but he prided himself on his close ties to the president and it will likely reflec/be played up that way.