Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
999cop

What do you think of this new doom site

I like the site. Especially the section with the overview, characters, weapons etc. from the old Doom, all nicely illustrated with pics (from the addon md2 models), I havenĀ“t found something like that on other Doom sites.

Is it just me, or are there no scrollbars on the side?

It's a really dark navy blue that's hard to see. One of IE6's little feature-toy-things...

The site's just like any other Doom site. I think the author is trying to win browny points with GameSpy to work on PlanetDoom when it goes live.

"-bad-" is just the softer term that springs to my mind. Heh, I still remember the day I gathered enough courage to move from that to 1024. The performance hit (back then it was really noticeable) was scary, but the quality was so dreamy.

I moved to 1280x960 a couple months ago... Best decision I ever made. On a 17" monitor, even 1024x768 seems blocky now. And I can't believe I survived for four years in 800x600.

Can't wait till I can afford a 28" plasma monitor running at 2048x1536 =)

I'll have to survive many more a year in 800x600.... I'm damn lucky I even -have- my current compy... with a dvd and a cdr drive. And some memory. Yay.

800x600 sucks! however I was nice enough to make my new page work with that. This way the less fortunate, and deprived children can view my site and have some enjoyment. =]

Is it just me, or are there no scrollbars on the side?

I think the author is trying to win browny points with GameSpy to work on PlanetDoom when it goes live.

I am?

what's going on with the scroll bar on that site? actually, nothing much, Cyric only changed the color into dark green to fit for the theme of Doom3, it looks fine to me, isn't that right cyric?

heh, guess you wouldn't get a cool title in here for a long time, unless linguica says so. So what are and were you? Quake3world Webmaster plus now you are PhobosLab Webmaster?

I was the webmaster/admin of q3w for a year or something but during the last few months before I left, I was asked to make a site for GSI and I started creating TPL. When I finished TPL, I left q3w to work on it exclusively.

Okay, this is weird.
Anyway, like most Gamespy sites, it looks real great, is pretty informative, but lacks usefulness because it runs on Fileplanet.

Okay, this is weird.
Anyway, like most Gamespy sites, it looks real great, is pretty informative, but lacks usefulness because it runs on Fileplanet.

well no....it doesn't run on File Planet. File Planet is a site to get files from. We can have Doom files on FP and on other servers also. We are not told to have our files on File Planet only. I used to hate file planet too, but the truth is...when a new file or demo or something comes out that everyone wants and there is a mad dash to get it, good luck trying to download from servers. Most are bloated and full to the tits and you #1 don't even get to start it or #2 get a really crappy dl speed. File planet puts you in line so you #1 get the file you want and #2 get a decent connection speed. If you can't wait 20 minutes (which is the most I have ever had to wait) for a file while you go do something else, then there is really some thing wrong with you. Gawd, I sound like a fileplanet pusher, but after awhile it really is useful.

Well, I mean usefulness in the ease of getting files. When I wanted the new Half-Life patch (about a month after it came out), I had to wait in the line for a half hour. Of course Valve can be partialy to blame for that because of their jamming the patches with millions of files, but whatever.

The gamespy sites do have some good stuff, especialy the hosted sites, but there are other sites I find that are better.

I like the site. Especially the section with the overview, characters, weapons etc. from the old Doom, all nicely illustrated with pics (from the addon md2 models), I havenĀ“t found something like that on other Doom sites.

That's something I don't like about it. I'd prefer the vanilla Doom sprites.

Other than that, hmm, ok site.

Okay, this is weird.

well no....it doesn't run on File Planet. File Planet is a site to get files from. We can have Doom files on FP and on other servers also. We are not told to have our files on File Planet only. I used to hate file planet too, but the truth is...when a new file or demo or something comes out that everyone wants and there is a mad dash to get it, good luck trying to download from servers. Most are bloated and full to the tits and you #1 don't even get to start it or #2 get a really crappy dl speed. File planet puts you in line so you #1 get the file you want and #2 get a decent connection speed. If you can't wait 20 minutes (which is the most I have ever had to wait) for a file while you go do something else, then there is really some thing wrong with you. Gawd, I sound like a fileplanet pusher, but after awhile it really is useful.

What kills me about fileplanet is not the waiting system, but the fact that I can't use download accelerator to download the file I've been waiting for (haven't been able to yet), which is bloody annoying because my download would cost a lot less waiting time if the stuff worked.

Oh, and what's up with the ID-stuff? It wastes extra time to sign up, when all I really want is to just click a link and download the damn thing.

But there might be a reason for these things? If so, please enlighten me.

What kills me about fileplanet is not the waiting system, but the fact that I can't use download accelerator to download the file

well,i can use download accelerator to download file from file planet.

Hm, then there's a problem with my version it appears. Thx for notefying me.

I hate FilePlanet. Takes too long to download anything off the place. It usually takes quite some time for the front page to show up.

MMh I have no problems downloading from FilePlanet. As long as you're not trying to download the hottest demo, you should always find a public server with no waiting time.

I have an idea, maybe you can take my horrible face and make it into a game character. Then you can just shoot me instead of insulting me.

Who are you adressing? And what does this have to do with anything? We're talking about the new doom site and fileplanet, not insults.