Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Devi

Doombuilder: System Error

Hi. In reality i would better like CodeImp to answer this, so i hope he's on often. The matter in question is, a weird bug which happens to me while i am using Doom Builder. So here it goes; On a accidental time, mostly (Nearly always) when im drawing grids in DoomBuilder, i get a system error (You know when screen turns blue and it says a error.) It says something like "Starts storage of the phsysical memory" (Translated from my language to English, may not be 100% correct). And i dont understand why this happens, i have alot of RAM and a good computer, i use Windows 2k (Should i get WinXP?) And i dont have much programming knowledge, so i goto here to get some help. Actually i should mail CodeImp about this, but i got a better chance to get a worthy help ;)

- Devi.

If you're getting a blue screen of death, which is what that's called, it probably isn't related to Doom Builder. Usually driver problems, power issues, or bad memory causes them.

Yea, but it only happens when im using Doom Builder. Then it must be something which my system can't read or something like that. I'll just hope that CodeImp can help me.

try reinstalling your O.S. Or installing another version of it. Maybe it works fine on XP.

Devi said:

Yea, but it only happens when im using Doom Builder. Then it must be something which my system can't read or something like that. I'll just hope that CodeImp can help me.

It only happens when using doom builder as far as you know, but that's not a certain fact. Other people use Doom Builder on 2k, so changing your OS is a completely unnecessary step. Is it reproduceable every time you try to perform this task? Is it a particular wad in which it happens or is that irrelevant? There's tests you can perform to help narrow down the problem a bit more. Too often people suggest things on either side of the extremes, whether it's blaming the program for one's own computer issues or saying that the OS should be reinstalled or get a new computer or whatever.

Mancubus II said:

Too often people suggest things on either side of the extremes, whether it's[/b] blaming the program for one's own computer issues or saying that the OS should be reinstalled or get a new computer [b]or whatever.

Yet it's a trouble which might not end unless whatever such choice is made. Whatever experience I have has shown me that big crashes are symptoms of computer combined with system.

What exactly is "drawing grids"?

Reinstalling one's OS is not really a "first effort" move. Something like that should be reserved until most if not all other options are exhausted.

printz said:
What exactly is "drawing grids"? [/B]

I meant Drawing Lines.

I'll try get WinXP on later, since it seems like i can't fix it. thx for posting.