Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Davidoom

problems with D!zone

i haven't really looked into it much but i can't get the d! program to work, is it possible to use the wads on the disc with ZDOOM?

...i can't get the d! program to work, is it possible to use the wads on the disc with ZDOOM?

The d! program worked just fine for me (way back in 1995 when I bought DZone!) Remember that it's a DOS-based launcher.

You can run any wad created for DooM.exe or DooM2.exe with ZDooM. Of course the d! program won't work to run ZDooM, but you can simply copy the wads into your ZDooM & DooM or DooM2 directory and run the wads from the command prompt, using a batch file, or using a ZDooM launcher.

What is dzone?

It was a Doom front-end bundled on a CD with a few dozen wads ripped from various FTP sites. DOS-based, not terribly high-quality, but it did a few things. One thing it could do was replace the monsters in the map with a random mix of monsters. I haven't seen anything else do that, but then again I ain't the most well-informed Doomer out there...

To use the D!Zone wads, just copy them off the CD and on to your HD. Or just run them off the CD. Use the command line to run them, just like any other wad.

There are any number of randomizer utilities for Doom. D!Zone is, once again, just a frontend for various utilities.

ahh good old D!Zone, I have that. i know king's frontends are better so try them if u are a windows user. however if u still want it u got to use windows 95 at most! I have had little luck with win98 and d!zone. however if u want to go old school with doom i would dust off that old 486, if u got one, and put it on there and play away.

Well thanks. Unfortuantly none of the WADs on the disc run with ZDOOM or D! which is shame, but this is taking into account I haven't formatted my computer for 3 years...

...K.E. I'm checking out your launchers now..

I bought D!Zone 2 a long time ago and saw the back of the box and was like "dude...", what does the back of the box have anything to do with DZone? (You know how on the back of the box it has that high resolution, rise of the triad type of level?)

Those are only fake screens. Under the pictures your can read "Simulated D!Zone screens", they were created in a paint program and do not show wads actually included in the box. I have the Mac version of D!Zone, btw. It also has such a launch application, but - yuk :)