Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomshadow

Favorite DOOM 3 monster?

never played much of doom 3 but i'd say the Arch-Vile.

BTW: it probably wasn't a good idea to start this topic since there has been so many threads on this topic. i recently i had a "favorite monster" thread killed after it was deemed "pointless" by one of the mods. just thought i'd let you know. sorry for any inconvenience.

i advise use of the forum search next time.

Shadow Dweller said:
BTW: it probably wasn't a good idea to start this topic since there has been so many threads on this topic. i recently i had a "favorite monster" thread killed after it was deemed "pointless" by one of the mods. just thought i'd let you know. sorry for any inconvenience.

i advise use of the forum search next time.

meh. Seeing as how there haven’t been any new threads in this forum for months now I don't think it matters.

anywho, the trites where pretty cool. also fat zombies + chainsaw = :D

I would say the imps, but since there were so many of them they got old quik(one of Doom 3's MAJOR flaws by the way). The tentacle commandos were cool, because they rushed you and really displayed some balls of steel running right into your shotgun blast. The hellknights of course were bad ass, but if they were just a little harder to take down(the hell ones were the best)and sometimes ran towards you would've been cool. I liked the revenants, mainly because they were basically the same as the originals, but they were weak as well as their rockets and didn't run(as seen in some old footage of the game pre-release). I would have to say my favorite looking monster of all was the tentacle commando, because he kinda looks like an undead, steroid abuser, nazi soldier. Nothing more evil than that.

Captain Red said:

meh. Seeing as how there haven’t been any new threads in this forum for months now I don't think it matters.

anywho, the trites where pretty cool. also fat zombies + chainsaw = :D

yeah, that's true

I'd go with the Chainsaw Zombie. I like the oldschool slasher vibe they tried to create with it, and I think they didn't use the enemy nearly enough.

Pinkies and Zombie Commandos. But I also really like the Imps, don´t think they were used to often (I mean, they are the standard troopers, and they are fun to fight, so what?).

I've always liked Mancubi in original Doom, and they were pretty awesome here as well. The first area with them was fairly well built, too. (Remember that large greenish chamber?)

Delvin said:

I've always liked Mancubi in original Doom, and they were pretty awesome here as well. The first area with them was fairly well built, too. (Remember that large greenish chamber?)

In recycling sector 2?

Yeah imps and pinkies are amazing monsters, imps are supposed to be common, but the way they appear is repetative (It gets dark, you see fiery glyphs on the ground and an imp appears), it could have been more varied

Delvin said:

(Remember that large greenish chamber?)

Yeah, and it felt just like MAP07 when it did.

I can't say I was bored by imps. They were many, but they were fairly intelligent in combat; and I enjoyed the way they died.

My favourite monster is the maggot, for its voraciousness. My least favourite is the wraith, because it's too predictable to be scary, and its attack is rather uninspired.

I really like these baby-insect-mutant-thingys (can't remember the name right now), as their sounds and rush attack really freaked me out the first time I encountered them.
They get quite annoying after a while though.

In terms of visuality, I think the wraith and pinky is best looking!

Vader said:

In terms of visuality, I think the wraith and pinky is best looking!

There's a "shadow" wraith mod for Doom3, that adds a mist on the wraith and so on. You might like it. Here you go.

Vader said:

I really like these baby-insect-mutant-thingys (can't remember the name right now), as their sounds and rush attack really freaked me out the first time I encountered them.
They get quite annoying after a while though.

Cherubs.

Yeah, cacodemons were impressive. They kinda had that ghetto look with the tentacles hanging, kinda give them the appearance they were wearing cornrows.

Captain Red said:

also fat zombies + chainsaw = :D

Indeed. I just started playing Doom 3 not to long ago and encountered my first fat zombie today. I enjoyed smashing its skull in with a flashlight. I wish my disk wouldn't break right after arriving in administration...

falcondelta said:

I wish my disk wouldn't break right after arriving in administration...

Apply the latest official Doom3 patch, it removes the CD check.

I'm going to go with the chainsaw zombie with the birthday hat. Just because it shows Id tried to be funny.

GGG said:

I'm going to go with the chainsaw zombie with the birthday hat. Just because it shows Id tried to be funny.

Actually, it's more of a detail thing.
If you read the PDAs, quite a few of them mention a party in the delta labs happening probably just before the invasion, so the party hat wearing zombie was a little thing to remind us of that small, insignificant detail.

But i'm getting off-topic, I'd say the imp would be my favorite in doom 3, just from the fact that they never get less scary when they drop from an airduct of something.

I would also choose the chainsaw zombies(since Leatherface is like my fav Horror character) but they were not a challenge at all. About as easy to kill as your regular zombie. If they moved a little faster or had different attack modes than yeah, they would rock. But this game, DOOM 3, focused far to much on the graphics and atmosphere, and seemed to forget completely about gameplay. Sorry I keep rambling on about Doom 3's suckiness, but it just breaks my heart. But my final winners for best Doom 3 ENEMIES are:

Mancubus(pretty close to the original, and were actually a challenge to fight)

Hell level HELL Knights(tougher to take down, pentegram tatoos, accompanied with their soul shattering screams and earth shaking foot steps were great)

The Dark(without this, the game would've been complete garbage, it seems id still knows what they're doing!!)

I guess that if the chainsaw zombies were too fast and harder to kill, they'd chop the bones out of ya. I think they're balanced. With your creeping speed you wouldn't want to be chased by a chainsaw freak when you know that a chainsaw can kill a cacodemon within a couple of seconds, or a person within half a second.

In purely aesthetic terms, the Imp, Wraith, Hellknight, and Pinky were all my favorites.

In gameplay, the Pinky wins. Every time I went head-to-head against one of them, My heart would start pounding, and 3 seconds later, it would stop, because I pwned it.

The weapons were horribly overpowered (except the pistol, but even that was useful against Trites), and the enemies were too weak, but the Pinky was the most atmospheric; I was dissapointed that id didn't use it more.

If it weren't for bashing the player up, the new Pinky is exactly like the classic Demon on -fast and the new Imps very similar to Quake's Ogres.

to me the caco demons look just like the ''octabrains'' from dukenukem3d, and the attacks are similar :/

and

notice sounds are similar to?