Map04: UV Speed in 0:52
Map05: UV Speed in 1:10
Map11: UV Speed in 0:25
Map13: UV Pacifist in 0:16
Map14: UV Pacifist in 0:16
Map15: UV Pacifist in 0:15
Map16: UV Pacifist in 0:15
Map17: UV Pacifist in 0:28

All Boom 2.02 format (recorded with prboom-plus 2.4.7.1test and -complevel 9). Note that there is a dehacked patch included in the wad. If you watch these with Boom 2.02 or Prboom 2.02 you will need to add the deh to your command line. With newer exes, there is no need for that.

If you record on this wad, be sure to use the deh, one way or another. AFAIK Boom compatibility is necessary and sufficient. As a naming convention, I propose smxx-xxx (and smxxnxxx, etc.) as the best option, simply because there are so many wads beginning with S.

Edited by Grazza

Great mapset, so I did a few demos here.

Map 4 UV-Speed in 0:32. Still improvable with enough luck (Sub 0:30 here?).

Map 6 UV-Speed in 0:38. Ugly and slow, meant only to show the trick here for saving time.

Map 7 UV-Speed in 0:48. Trick lets me skip the 1st half of the level, meaning I only need to bean the last 4 mancos to open up the exit, which is why I grab the CG to speed things up there. My best demo outta the 3 here.

I kinda forgot to put the deh patch into my command line, so...oops :P. I failed to read the last few lines of the first post before going ahead to do these demos. Oops again :P. Hope that doesn't cause any problems.

Also, a possible trick on map 7, aside from the one I utilize...could it be possible to glide through the last set of bars blocking your way to the exit? I'm not too good with glides, so I wouldn't know, but it almost seems big enough for a glide to work.

Sending the demos to Ops now.

Map07... looks that way. I managed to do it on the righthand bars, so this map has a one-two trick combo.

Anima Zero said:

I kinda forgot to put the deh patch into my command line, so...oops :P. I failed to read the last few lines of the first post before going ahead to do these demos. Oops again :P. Hope that doesn't cause any problems.

You would only need to put the deh on the command line if you were using Boom 2.02 or Prboom 2.02 ("WinBoom"). The dehacked patch is inside the wad and so is used automatically by newer engines that support this feature.

cool, i was hoping for some demoage... each map was designed to be at least theoretically possible in Pacifist, but certain tricks, such as the aforementioned glide in map07 weren't tested.

looking forward to seeing some maxes, i only tested each map linearly and without using the melee weapons, so there should be route and infighting possibilities abound, at least in the 2nd and 3rd episodes. though i wouldnt want to get too close to any infighting on map15 :-)

the shitter is that because i've just moved house i havent got my PC set up at home yet so wont get to watch any for a few weeks

Morning recording session turned up 3 new demos from me, all for map31.

UV-Pacifist in 0:25
UV-Max in 0:40
UV-fast in 0:39

Sending them to Ops now.

An idea advertised in previous posts:
Map07 UV Pacifist/Speed in 0:15. Anyone want to try the two-glide route?

The zip also includes a silly demo on map15. Shame this idea is of no use.

BTW, I notice that Pacifist Max is very feasible on a few of the maps, thanks to the fact that the rocket-launching arachnotron can kill itself with its own splash damage.

heh, the splash damage thing is a feature, not a bug, they were too hard to kill with the rocket launcher otherwise

glad you're all having fun, cant wait to sit down and watch them one day soonish!

Map12 UV Pacifist/Speed in 0:29.

Nothing special, and no tricks, but it took me quite a while to get it below 0:30.

BTW, Boom 2.02 (and Prboom 2.02) crashes if you try to watch this demo with it. I think the following (from prboom-plus's stdout.txt) is probably the reason:

P_LoadLineDefs: linedef 524 has two-sided flag set, but no second sidedef
Linedef 515 has the same problem. None of the other maps have problems of this type (according to prboom-plus's console output, at any rate).

suckage... thought i'd caught all those - there were a zillion in map03 - seems to be where i'd done a lot of copy and pasting and deleting and doombuilder hadn't quite managed to keep up. i did run an error check on all the maps, apart from map12 it would seem. i presume you just legged it past the revenants or did you let them out straight away to thin the herd?

I run over the linedef that opens up the exit area at the start. I reckoned it was a toss-up timewise between doing it then or later, so I chose the method that involved running the whole time over one that including some waiting around (better aesthetically). I now realize I missed a shortcut, but don't have time to try it again right now.

*cough* bump

no more takers then? I worked for years on this bugger to make it demo friendly, still got no internet connection at home, mind so i havnt watched any of these yet though!

Only took me three months but via my brothers internet connection i finally managed to get to watch these, i'm surprised just how fast you lot figured out some of the intentional tricks, and two or three unintentional ones! e.g. the window jump on MAP17. but hey, that's the fun part right. especially the stair jump on MAP06, i knew that one would be a bitch to get right.

Graz: there's - ahem - "potential" to refine your MAP02 and MAP12 speed runs :-)

there are quite a few possible glides dotted about too, i'm glad someone managed the 1-2 pacifist route on MAP07 as none of the glides i put in were tested - because i suck at gliding. but it does mean that the entire wad aside from perhaps map20 (you could bait the spiderdemons though) should be do-able pacifist.

Map 18 is also do-able pacifist, you don't have to kill the mancubi or release the spiders to get to THAT switch, yer know ;-)

Anima: map31 on fast? are you insane!? And i didn't think the grab on 14 was possible, heh.

anyway there are tricks and routes also tailored to Max runs on most maps too, helping you get to weapons and switches to release hordes a little earlier than normal, so get exploring people.

I recorded some maxers for Scimitar
03 - 1:18
10 - 3:18
17 - 2:23
Ok runs but all of them could be improved much ...

I am uploading my demos right now :-) Any reason why I haven't made it earlier? Smeg knows ... perhaps I have planned to play those maps again, but I have injured hand so that's impossible to play for me atm.
Btw those maps vere very good to play, I would also expect more max action on this wad.

sm_gus1.zip

moved house in may, had a busy summer of holidays so done zero dooming (my new wad project is now over a year old, oops!) but nice to see some scimitar action - even if they were recorded months ago, looking forward to watching these tonight.

now just need more, come on guy's, thrash mi maps :-)