Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Heh heh heh heh!!!!

Well I just got back from crusing about town and I can finally say with authority that I got to play an XBOX and a GameCube-in the same night!
Also, I once again go to try out a Gameboy Advance. I also got to play a PlayStation2.
Man, it was cool!!

Also, as I was browsing through the collection of new PC games, I found Collector's Doom and a new title by id I didn't know existed-Ultimate Quake! UQuake has Quake, Quake2, AND Quake3-plus it came with a free Quake4 poster!
Cool, eh?

DooMBoy, sounds like you had a kick ass night. The only thing that coulda made your night like Heaven would be if you did all that then got laid or something. Heh, well anyway, I must say this now. You're a lucky lil shit (no I aint flaming you) to have done all that in one night, and I say congrats!

Damn it, why didn't you get laid? Oh yeah, they also have a Quake 3 Special edition which includes Q3A plus Q3:TA. It also includes the 1.30 patch!

I'll stick with my lil' Dreamcast... and my unloved by many Saturn. Can you really beat NiGHTs for sheer weirdness?

Frustrating, part of the reason the DC failed was due to PS2 hype. I don't hate the PS2, but "thanking for ruing the fun". At least there's Shenmue and Sonic Adventure 2...

Anyone have a speculation on how the system wars'll come out to this time? I'm betting Nintendo's going to have a hard time, being their rep has been marred quite a bit by the N64, X-Box may have some trouble being a newcomer and the PS2 shall be fairly dominant. But they're just theories...

Can you believe the Saturn is 7 years old? They were demoing it during the big party they threw when the Olympic Comitee was choosing the '02 Winter Games host. It's wierd to think how much time has passed since then.

The controllers for both the heX-Box and the GameCube both look funny to me, but both work quite well. The GameCube has that one massive A button, and the other buttons are tiny by comparrison. And the Xb controller is that big thing with the glassine buttons that starts out awkward but starts feeling natural after a few minutes.

Some news site put up a photo of the special Phantasy Star Online controller they were making for the GC. Imagine chopping a standard GC controller in half down the middle, and glueing the halves on either side of a full-sized keyboard. That thing was BIG. And funny-looking.

HEHEHEHEHEHSHUT UP

I HAVE an X-box. And a Gamecube. And a PS2. And I get laid nearly every day. Hmm.

All I have to say is that (Halo/Rogue Squadron 2/MGS2) owns you.

And yet, for some reason, I can't stop playing Armored Core 2: Another Age.

Hmph.

Oh, and yeah, Red, the Saturn owned. I miss that system. ::whispers:: NiGHTS 2 for Xbox in Q3 '02!

Oh, and yeah, Red, the Saturn owned. I miss that system. ::whispers:: NiGHTS 2 for Xbox in Q3 '02!

Erk.... I hope they don't ruin the series ;.; a real and horrible possibility. At least they should publish for the DC, too.... it could handle NiGHTs....

That's just a joke, by the way. I don't have any information, rumor or otherwise, on that.

And...well...I know this is painful, hon, but...the DC is dead. Sorry. There isn't gonna be much more new software for it.

That's just a joke, by the way. I don't have any information, rumor or otherwise, on that.

Thank the gods for that.... it'd just be horrible to marr the series ;_;

And...well...I know this is painful, hon, but...the DC is dead. Sorry. There isn't gonna be much more new software for it.

I know, but prices are low enough to afford, so I'll be happy... especially the imports if I ever get enough cash. Puyo Puyo DA!, the weirdest dance game there is... which can use the DDR pad, but not meant too... songs... too fast... AIIEE!

I know, but prices are low enough to afford, so I'll be happy... [snip]

Sega knows their console is dead, and they couldn't realistically sell any more units. What should they do? The same thing id did three/four years ago: open the source and the SDK to the public! I think it would be damn cool to tinker with the DC and write a few games for it.

'Course then, we might get Mechasam riding our rear for not being "puritan DC'ers." ;-)

Kat: I wish I had enough money for all the new consoles AND sex...

Sega knows their console is dead, and they couldn't realistically sell any more units. What should they do? The same thing id did three/four years ago: open the source and the SDK to the public! I think it would be damn cool to tinker with the DC and write a few games for it.

*Tries not to laugh* open the source code.... -that'll- happen when hell freezes over... or when they stop the Sonic games. I can't think of any console that ever gave out their source coding... has there ever been? Yes, writing your own DC games would be nice, but for most, unrealistic.

Evil SA2 bugs! What's with the foresty-thing under City Escape?....

Can you really beat NiGHTs for sheer weirdness?

Awww, I liked it. Even if I sucked at it.

BTW, if you want a weirder game, Twinkle Star Sprites is up there...

Shenmue 2

Anyone have a speculation on how the system wars'll come out to this time? I'm betting Nintendo's going to have a hard time, being their rep has been marred quite a bit by the N64, X-Box may have some trouble being a newcomer and the PS2 shall be fairly dominant. But they're just theories...

Nintendo realizes all the stupid kiddy shit they did...they're doing patchwork with the ultimately sweet-ass remake of Resident Evil, godspeed to them!...XBox will probably fail the fastest simply because this is Bill Gates' and company first attempt at a console so expect a lot of downsides on it...the real race is between Gamecube and PS2 and its only a matter of time before Gamecube is bowing at the feet of the almighty PS2's Final Fantasy X...muahahaha!

WHERE THE FUCK IS COLLECTOR'S DOOM IN FINLAND?!!!! I CAN'T FIND IT DAMMIT!!!

Same shit in France you know...
And in whole Europe I guess...

Crap.

Console systems......

rofl

Ditt-fucking-o man. Ever since I first played Ulitmate DOOM on my mom's old PowerMac, nothing has ever gotten me NEAR a console system! The only console I've played recently is the GBA, and I now have the only reason I got it. Amen.

...the DC is dead. Sorry. There isn't gonna be much more new software for it.

Shenmue 2

Won't be released in the US. Microsoft bought it for the X-Box. THANK GOD, I'd hate to dirty my Dreamcast.

Nintendo realizes all the stupid kiddy shit they did...they're doing patchwork with the ultimately sweet-ass remake of Resident Evil, godspeed to them!

Um, Nintendo has made some fucking amazing games. Remember any of the Metroids? Nintendo isn't making Resident Evil, either, CAPCOM is, and they're remaking the entire series on the GC and RE4 is getting exclusivity to that system.

Stupid kiddy shit? They make great games for ALL AGES, and I'll take those any day over adult games that SUCK. BTW, Nintendo hasn't censored any content for any of their systems in what, eight or nine fucking years? If people want to release a game like that for a Nintendo system they have the go ahead.

You say Mario or Kirby like they're for four year old faggots. Like Sonic or Crash aren't cutesy non-threatening characters and games.

...XBox will probably fail the fastest simply because this is Bill Gates' and company first attempt at a console so expect a lot of downsides on it...

Compared to Sony's second attempt that is simply overflowing with downsides the X-Box looks pretty fucking dandy.

the real race is between Gamecube and PS2 and its only a matter of time before Gamecube is bowing at the feet of the almighty PS2's Final Fantasy X...muahahaha!

Fucking Luigi's Manson couldn't be accurately made on a PS2. It couldn't handle the live lighting without dropping the res conderably, leaving a motion blurred blocky mess instead of the clean, sharp graphics of the GC.

If Square had any fucking sense whatsoever they woulda skipped the PS2 and chose another system, because quite frankly, the PS2 is a massive letdown and so is every Square game I've played on it so far.

I don't base the quality of a game on it's FMV, either, and that's 99% of the hype for FFX. I'm not really looking forward to a FF game that has a total voice job, and if it does, it had fucking damn well better be either made IN English by a person competent in the language or made in Japanese and subtitled for the world releases.

Oh, and here's something else Square has forgotten to do since FF7, MAKE THE FUCKING GAME FUN TO PLAY AND GIVE ME A REASON TO FINISH IT. Don't make it chore after chore and try to at least make the game have some fucking flow to it, don't make it a bunch of random shit that happens all the time that gets boring after ten hours.

...XBox will probably fail the fastest simply because this is Bill Gates' and company first attempt at a console so expect a lot of downsides on it...

Microsoft may lose battles but history has shown time and time again they usually end up winning the war. For good or ill. Look for the XBox to hang in there at the very least. Microsoft has the money and industry clout to prop that puppy up until things start to improve for it. They may not dominate this go round but they will enventually...

Console systems......

rofl

On the the head there Lüt. I don't like consoles at all. However, they have brought us some pretty damn fine games, which were them ported to PC. (THPS, Driver, MGS to name a few) Overall, they suck tho. You have to buy a new one every year if you want to keep with the latest games.

If Square had any fucking sense whatsoever they woulda skipped the PS2 and chose another system, because quite frankly, the PS2 is a massive letdown and so is every Square game I've played on it so far.

I don't base the quality of a game on it's FMV, either, and that's 99% of the hype for FFX. I'm not really looking forward to a FF game that has a total voice job, and if it does, it had fucking damn well better be either made IN English by a person competent in the language or made in Japanese and subtitled for the world releases.

Oh, and here's something else Square has forgotten to do since FF7, MAKE THE FUCKING GAME FUN TO PLAY AND GIVE ME A REASON TO FINISH IT. Don't make it chore after chore and try to at least make the game have some fucking flow to it, don't make it a bunch of random shit that happens all the time that gets boring after ten hours.

Hahaha, fuck Square RPG's. What YOU need, deadnail, is "Baldur's Gate".

*Tries not to laugh* open the source code.... -that'll- happen when hell freezes over... or when they stop the Sonic games. I can't think of any console that ever gave out their source coding... has there ever been? Yes, writing your own DC games would be nice, but for most, unrealistic.

Evil SA2 bugs! What's with the foresty-thing under City Escape?....

As far as I know, there are (for example for the playstation one) special consoles for game development available, but at hefty costs. Those offer a connection interface to PCs and special development software.

Hahaha, fuck Square RPG's. What YOU need, deadnail, is "Baldur's Gate".

No thanks, I'm not into those massively-multiplayer-of-closest-gay-teenagers-pretending-to-be-level-44-sorceresses-online-left-mouse-button-dentfest-so-called-games.

No thanks, I'm not into those massively-multiplayer-of-closest-gay-teenagers-pretending-to-be-level-44-sorceresses-online-left-mouse-button-dentfest-so-called-games.

No, man, you're thinking of EverCrack. Baldur's Gate is a single-player d20 game with an actual plot.

I wanna know why anyone would pay $10 a month for what turns into a camp/melee/whore-fest (whore in the sense that people are making money by raping the game system.)

BTW, Nintendo hasn't censored any content for any of their systems in what, eight or nine fucking years?

*cough* GBA DOOM *cough*