Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Negatronica

my new hobby

http://sbag667.doomwadstation.com/paint3.jpg

This is my first painting but I think its alright. I started with the background and worked my way forward. Thats why the foreground looks (I think) better.

The basic composition was taken from a book that walked me through the step by step process of painting. I don't like doing that kind of thing because I like to be as original as possible - just like with my doom projects - but I needed to do that in order to learn. My next painting will be something derived strictly from my imagination.

meh, it's good for an early try... It's alot better that some other stuff...

but now, to tear your dreams to shreds: CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM! **;

your mountains are a little too blended in with the clouds, like they were smothed together on accident. and the bank dosn't blend with the shore like it should, it looks like a ridge that it's overlooking from, but I can see it's not, because of the grass which has the same problem to a point.
Howeverness, I like the tree in the foreground, nice bit of standing out, but it too is blended... I suggest less water in your paint mixture.

But it's nice! :)

Absolutely awesome! You should get it framed, take it down to a local art gallery, and make some bucks, either that or sell it as prints/postcards, etc.

Wow, thanks for the positive feed back! The medium is acrylic. For some reason the mountains do look blended with the sky in the picture but in reality they are not. I would take a high resolution picture but my camera always gives a low battery warning. I need to get an AC adapter for it since it requires 3.15 v but uses 2 AA batteries.

The strange thing about all this is that I haven't painted before. I think that all my doom graphics editing transfered directly to painting. No, seriously, I used to draw skies pixel by pixel and the same goes for textures. Later on I became smarter and took short cuts but still. I think that anyone here who has focused on graphics in the past would also be good at painting.

Anyways, you guys can be sure I'll be making many more landscape paintings in the future. Once I get good enough and have plenty under my belt I may try entering them into a gallery or something. That would help pay rent considering I make a whopping $8.50 an hour. Thanks for the positive feedback and constructive criticism.

Shtbag667 said:
The strange thing about all this is that I haven't painted before. I think that all my doom graphics editing transfered directly to painting. No, seriously, I used to draw skies pixel by pixel and the same goes for textures. Later on I became smarter and took short cuts but still. I think that anyone here who has focused on graphics in the past would also be good at painting.

You could also merge your skills to produce some cool intermission screens and whatnot for your wads based on your own artistic creations.