Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DOOMMAN 2006

help

hello.

ok i need help on the build your own map for doom. the i downloaded it loads and i can create my own map just that the texture dose not work the items and enemys. i need the help now.

what is wrong with them? are they just not aligned properly, are they messed up as in color, or do they have a kind of missing texture effect where the texture distorts and becomes all jumpy and it kind of shimmers?

do you have some screenshots so i can see what is going on? as for now i'm not sure i could be much help.

i'm guessing that it is fine in the editor but not in the actual game itself?

i don't know if i can help with the gun issues though...:/

ok, if you have tried to apply a texture and it did not work, you may need to adjust your configuration (keyboard shortcut-F5) for the kind of doom you are using (zdoom, doom legacy, regular doom; etc) or you need to select the wad file you want your textures to come from (press F2). or both.

a custom enemy? sounds like it didn't import properly. unfortunately, i'm not sure of how to upload custom stuff like that.
you may need to run it through XWE (extendable wad edtior) first. but i tried uploading a custom texture that way and it failed. it may be the same for monsters too. but, again i am not sure.

if i were to guess i'd say that it is a way to get flats* from the doom folder. same for textures.

*i believe flats are floor and ceiling textures but i'm not sure. when it comes to XWE i have very limited knowledge.