Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lizardcommando

Old (IBM) computers

Ok, since there's a thread about old NON-IBM computers, I may as well start one dealing with old IBM computers. So who here still uses an old computer on a daily basis?

My first computer (my main one):

Originally ran Windows 98SE, now upgraded to Windows XP
Made by Compaq
AMD-K6 3D Processor
450 MHz
60MB of RAM
7GB HD Space (Max amount of HD space)
330MB HD Space available

I use this one mostly for writing essays, playing Doom (offline) and the occassional Starcraft game, and listen to music. This is the computer I have my weapons mod for ZDoom on. I also have my Flash stuff too.

My second computer (laptop):

Runs on Windows XP
Intel pentium III processor
697 MHz
256MB of RAM
11.2GB HD Space (Max amount of HD space)
1.22GB HD Space available

I use this one mostly for online gaming (Skulltag mostly, ZDaemon on rare occassions).

I have another computer that sometimes gets used and it runs on Windows 98. I use that mostly for playing DOS games like Wolfenstein 3D and play emulated SNES games and Neo Geo games (just the Metal Slug games.)

I think my dad still uses our old 8088 for his Amateur Radio room. It's got a 30Mb HDD and a Hercules graphics card.

I was going to come in here and boast about my 486dx2-50, but Bucket ripped my ego out and slashed it with scalpels by posting that.

mmmmm panasonic portable 8088 with built-in printer!

ahhh my first compy - ibm xt boasting 4.7mhz!

oooh leading edge 386sx 16mhz w/ 41mb hd!

Theres an HP Vectra in my closet with a Pentium 133MHz processor, SB AWE32 ISA card, 2GB hard drive (last I looked), 16MB EDO RAM, and all sorts of stuff conducive to DOS gaming. I don't use it for anything though.

A custom made with modifications of newer date..
Intel Pentium 133
64MB EDO RAM
40 GB HD
DVD-ROM
Two floppy drives
ATi Rage II+
Sound Blaster 32
3Com Ethernet card

Runs MS-DOS ^_^

Edit: Also, it's got the most kickass case ever :o

Bucket said:

As in, it just barely fits in the trunk?

It's certainly no laptop especially for being damn heavy, having no hard drive and only just two 5.25" 360k disk drives.

I also have a 486DX4-120mhz with an s3 trio64v+ and 64mb of ram which was used for internet play and Quake, and a bit later a Pentium 100MHz loaded with a real generic reference Voodoo2 12mb and a 1337MB drive (no joke)

leileilol said:

It's certainly no laptop especially for being damn heavy, having no hard drive and only just two 5.25" 360k disk drives.

My Toshiba T1000LE kicks your Panasonic's ass!

I have my old windows 98, it has been upgraded to windows 2000 though. The monitor broke so I can't use it for now, but I remember so many memories with that good old computer.

Our first "real" home computer was an...uh, started with an "a," sounds like Across, but not quite. Damn, it's been a long time! I don't even remember the name. Anyhow, we got in in the summer of 1992. It ran Windows 3.1 at 20 megahertz, had 4 whole megs of ram, a 120MB hard drive, and a VGA monitor. It had no sound card, just the crappy internal speaker. I ran shareware Doom on it for about a year in low-res mode.

An Elonex 286. Don't remember speed or HD size but I do remember that it had some extended memory. Most people thought I was daft - who would need 3MB of memory that programs can't access? However, it let me enjoy the wonderful world that was... Windows 3.0 :/

An old and beautiful 486dx4 100mhz, with a 2mb Tsengh labs GPU and a 850mb hard drive, Vibra 16 soundblaster compatible card and a 6x cd drive, and 16mb ram on top of that. It was HOT back when we got it.
It stood by me up until spring of 2000 when I finally raised enough money to buy a new computer. I'm not actively using it now. But I plan to get it running for the sake of games like Big Red Racing, Firestorm Thunderhawk 2 and other such jewlery. :O~

A Hyundai super T 286 with a 5 1/4 and 3 1/2 inch floppy drives. played the original test drive off a 5 1/4 floppy. has a whopping 640kb ram (about half a meg) and many more all the way up to my main system (not all presently running though)