Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snarboo

First there was America's Army...

...and now the National Guard has a game, too! Apparently it's called PRISM:Guard Shield, and the demo was released yesterday. Only instead of being a half decent game like AA was, this is pretty much generic trash.

The basic jist is that you play a washed up special forces operative who is now a rent-a-cop at a dockside warehouse, when suddenly some bad shit goes down. You then single-handedly save the day and are then recruited by some vague, Military organization. The game is basically your average military themed FPS with comicly stereotypical brown-skinned terrorists/gangstas as the enemies. The second mission is kind of decent, but that's not saying much. The only good thing about this are the weapons, which look and feel appropriately beefy.

I have to say I feel sorry for the National Guard. You can tell they just wanted to get on in the action like the Army did, only they got a terrible game instead. I can't really describe how terrible this is, so I recommend you waste 10 minutes of your time downloading and installing this 500 meg turd like I did. It's atleast worth it for the terribly misplaced advertisements slapped on random crates and grade-school plotline. :p

I just started playing it, and it's pretty cheesy. It almost feels like they just threw a bunch of shooter elements together. I thought it was funny how the bad guys always stood by the explosive barrels.

The ragdoll physics are funky, too. Look what happened to this guy.

Heh, that pic reminds me of the one and only time I played Halo, I managed to kill a guy and leave him hanging by his toes from a windowsill. More amusing was that he kept beginning to fall, but bounced back up instead.

Snarboo said:

...so I recommend you waste 10 minutes of your time downloading and installing this 500 meg turd like I did.

You fucking arrogant high-speeders.

*Me frowns at my 28.8k connection.

lol at the pic though.

Heh, that silhouette at the bottom of the screen looks to be in a very uncomfortable position.

Lüt said:

Heh, that pic reminds me of the one and only time I played Halo, I managed to kill a guy and leave him hanging by his toes from a windowsill. More amusing was that he kept beginning to fall, but bounced back up instead.

Funniest thing I've seen recently with game physics going haywire was this (Quake demo; you'll need Quake {duh} and dzip to watch it.)

I don't have an opinion on the merits of America's Army and this Prism thingy, but if America's Army was relatively good by the standards of modern games, I wonder if that's got something to do with its executive producer having started off an a Doom mapper.