Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lupinx-Kassman

Mega Man X Doom

Me and my friend Vega_Kurtsa have started a mega man x doom project here are some screenies of what we have done so far.

There are more screens to come, for we just started this project. I want to know any comments or suggestions you may have for it. More information on the project will be posted later.

Im looking for some more mappers!

If you are interested in than please contribute a screenie, map, something of the sort, and please make it compatible with zdoom, it does not have to use zdoom effects.

Hmm, interesting Megaman X sprite. Wouldn't it be better if the X-Buster shot out projectiles instead of bullets? Also, I have a suggestion for the Megaman X sprite. Change his color to green so that you can be able to change his color through the Player Options. I think you can even change the player's color through DECORATE or ACS.

You know, I was actually thinking about making a Rockman Zero mod for ZDoom. All you have is the Z-Buster and Z-Saber and that was it. The ammo for the Z-Buster is unlimited and it can charge up. Hell, I was even going to have it so that you can Double Jump and Dash. Ahh, but I've only got it in the planning stages and you won't be seeing anything from it for a while... or maybe after ICD-Lizard-ZD and maybe even after Pokestein 3D is finished.

Well, this project seems kinda interesting. I'm glad someone who wanted to make a Megaman X mod actually went through with it and have some progress to show for it. Maybe you can be able to have the players Dash or even Wall climb, that would be pretty interesting to see. I know the Dash is possible, but I'm not sure if Wall Climbing is. At least, not in the way like in the Megaman X games.

wow, people are making "everything" into a doom conversion these days
14 years, and all the original ideas are gone :p

I want to play Larry Suir Leisure DOOM, or perhaps Maniac Mansion DOOM (with Hexen puzzle items, and modern scripting it could be doable, yet a pain in the butt).

I think this is a case where angled weapon sprites would work better... Having his arm coming out of his chest looks a bit odd :)

Xtife said:

wow, people are making "everything" into a doom conversion these days
14 years, and all the original ideas are gone :p

"These Days"??

Looks pretty good so far :), but may I make a suggestion?

I agree entirely with david_a's comment about angled sprites being better for this situation. But, to give a somewhat better sense of the fact that the gun is part of his arm, why not put his other hand over the gun? Like, for more powerful weapons, he would use it to cushion recoil or something. Just a random thought I had (or maybe I've been playing too much Metroid Prime...? :P).

... Oh yah, and make X not look so much like the original Rock. :E

I agree with having the weapons drawn at an angle. Right now, they look "off". I dunno how to explain it. The weapons just don't look right how they're drawn.

Lizardcommando said:
I agree with having the weapons drawn at an angle. Right now, they look "off". I dunno how to explain it. The weapons just don't look right how they're drawn.

Ill ask Vega to fix that

Lizardcommando said:
Hmm, interesting Megaman X sprite. Wouldn't it be better if the X-Buster shot out projectiles instead of bullets? Also, I have a suggestion for the Megaman X sprite. Change his color to green so that you can be able to change his color through the Player Options. I think you can even change the player's color through DECORATE or ACS.

He is green I changed it to blue in the Player set up to make it look original. :P

mickeymouse said:
You think someone will make a spongebob doom tc?

Hell no.

Edit: I fixed the second problem, more screenies coming soon too.

I see Lupin beat me to the forum. Yeah, this was a discontinued project, but I decided to bring it back up. I don't know enough scripting to turn the shots into projectiles, but that would be good.

It's not entirely hard to do. You can do this in DECORATE. It's not like you're going to implement reloading into this mod. Now that's a serious pain in the ass to do. :D

Check this place out for an explanation on the basics of DECORATE.

david_a said:

I think this is a case where angled weapon sprites would work better... Having his arm coming out of his chest looks a bit odd :)

Maybe that's not his arm ;)

Lizardcommando said:

It's not entirely hard to do. You can do this in DECORATE. It's not like you're going to implement reloading into this mod. Now that's a serious pain in the ass to do. :D

Check this place out for an explanation on the basics of DECORATE.

I downloaded DecEdit, I'm not sure that will help, but it's a start for placing the monsters, and weapons, etc. I planned on making a charged version of the first weapon, the X-Buster, which works if you press the button again (Kinda like the Super Shotgun to Shotgun on Doom 2)

I have Decedit, and I think I understand it a bit, but not to a point where I can churn anything out. I don't really see anything on the zdoom wiki, other than links for downloads. Are there any tutorials? If there are any, or just a site which tells you how to complete basic funtions, it would be appreciated. Also if you wish to join, you may show it by putting up a screenshot of a level.

Oh and just to stay on track-

Also (although not shown in this screenshot) we have been listening to your suggestions, and are changing the weapons so that they will be portrayed from the right side (X's buster arm).

EDIT: Right handed, Flip Rotate, easy fix :P.

What about the idea to substitute enemies by the evil Dr Willy machines ?...

Maybe focusing on the sprites from NES and SNES games cause their size would be easy to fit into the game TC...
By choosing the most known ones, cutman, fireman, iceman (:p), bombman, willy...

I.e. "Cutman" could be the trooper sprite and intead of throwing a fireball will throw a boomerang (I made some for my own adaptation of "Hokuto no Ken"...)

oh please Please PLEASE don't make this mod one big skin without changing the way the weapons and monsters behave. I can stand it when people do that! there are pleanty of people who can help you DECORATE stuff. I'd offer to help, but I haven't played much of the Mega Man games.

No one else has mentioned this, maybe because they're too afraid to? But are you going to actually replace the textures and whatnot? I can deal with the 4-color sprites and all that but they just don't look right in the normal Doom environment...

I don't know if I wanna play this. Call me snooty, but I can't really deal with graphics that pixilated. Granted, Doom is pixilated too, but very professional looking. TC's such as Batman Doom and Action Doom proved that you can have a cartoony look within Doom and make it look good, but this, so far, looks too much like NES graphics. I dunno if that's what you were aiming for, but I don't see it really working within the Doom environment, even if the graphcis are consistently low-grade. They don't look bad, just too 8-bit.