Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lupinx-Kassman

Mega Man X Doom

GoatLord said:

I don't know if I wanna play this. Call me snooty, but I can't really deal with graphics that pixilated. Granted, Doom is pixilated too, but very professional looking. TC's such as Batman Doom and Action Doom proved that you can have a cartoony look within Doom and make it look good, but this, so far, looks too much like NES graphics. I dunno if that's what you were aiming for, but I don't see it really working within the Doom environment, even if the graphcis are consistently low-grade. They don't look bad, just too 8-bit.

Yup, definitely, but remember that the different TC are made by fans in destination of other fans.
Consequently, they could pardon the different lacks in graphic and sound.

mickeymouse said:

You think someone will make a spongebob doom tc?

I can see it now.
"SpongeBob's Magical Killing Spree of DOOM"

Anyway, the detail level is just a tiny bit low and could use a bit more improvement. The former human sprites and normal textures also seem a little out of place amidst the cartoonish style of the custom ones.

Make the textures and flats match the player sprite and you might have something...
But to tell you the truth I love the mmx series and I would never play this :\

Alright Vega is adding more shading to the sprites, and remaking the weapons *sigh* the level is just a working stage, now that I know that you don't like it ill completely remake it.

Okay, we get the picture, redo, got it. Kass shouldn't have posted the pics yet, because it was still a wad in testing. I did all the sprites and textures, so I apologize for the "cartoonish" or "8-Bit" look.

I like the cartoonish look, as long as it's all cartoonish. I'll still d/l it out of curiosity at least. May be some cheesey 8-bit fun, booya!

Still, never liked the MMX's, Megaman2 & 3 are the only ones I've ever liked :p

VegaKurtsa said:

Okay, we get the picture, redo, got it. Kass shouldn't have posted the pics yet, because it was still a wad in testing. I did all the sprites and textures, so I apologize for the "cartoonish" or "8-Bit" look.

It would look better if the textures matched the sprites. didja consider actually making some textures like they were from the original game?

Freakin' Noob said:

It would look better if the textures matched the sprites. didja consider actually making some textures like they were from the original game?

We didn't consider it, instead we DID it -_-.

lupinx-Kassman said:

We didn't consider it, instead we DID it -_-.

May we see the results?

Seems like you're basically going to have to pull a TC to keep this from looking awkward. If you manage that, I may end up playing this.

AlysiumX said:

Hello, I would like to very much join this project, see a while back i actually started to make my own megaman doom, only problem was I cant make sprites. I can make levels, i know dehacked to a t and i also have a pretty good knowledge of acs. Here is the beta i was working on...

http://tutorials.doomwadstation.com/maps/MegamanDoom.zip

O_O

AlysiumX! Consider yourself on the team!

Im making the web site right now, you will be on the members list.

Oh and heres a screenie of an upcoming space level for a space station (Space station Vrack to be precise, inspired by Fredrick Johannasen) (Note we haven't finished making textures so there are still a lot of doomish ones, do not worry that will be changed soon).

Lizardcommando said:
Why is that Buster pointed towards the sky like that?

Or is that the Idle position or something?

That is the position after firing.

Will you be using energy tanks or those extra max energy containers? Also, maybe you could use a Yashichi somewhere in the game.

Lizardcommando said:

Haha! I think the Yashichi is more of a Classic Megaman series item than a Megaman X series item.

True, but they could sneak one in as a super secret item.

I'd like to see sub-tanks included through some kind of scripting. That'd be bad ass (As long as the game was challenging enough and the sub-tanks did not ruin the game play).

I'm a fan of Doom, and recently I wanted to play a Mega Man X mod, some of the ones I tried were garbage so I wanted to play yours because it looks pretty damn good compared to the other ones I tried, but the download link won't work so I'm asking if you can give me another link for it.