Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aleksa6

Windows CE doom question

Not really, but yes. The package off the box itself (which contains the three retail games in one CD plus a straightforward Windows port of the engine) doesn't bring any such feature, though one of the community supported engine offshoots you can download, Doom Legacy, allows you to play in split screen mode. Additionally, it seems that another engine, called WDMP, also let's you do it; look here and scroll down.

Might want to try those. If you don't have the full game yet, you can test these modified engines with the shareware portion of DOOM.

The idea is that you buy the games in their simple, standard form, and then you can get tons of modifications and addons from free from Doomworld and other DOOM sites, allowing you to do practically anything.

The answer to the original poster's question is no, there isn't and I can't imagine why you'd want that given that most windows ce devices have rather small screens. They're usually just large enough to accomodate the 320 wide screen. You will not be able to run the items myk mentioned in the previous post on your windows ce device. Maybe, MAYBE if you have the skill you could attempt to port over one of the existing (simpler) engine ports with split screen functionality to windows ce but I don't even know what that would entail.

It's possible that by "CE" he meant Collector's Edition (myk's post was clearly based on this interpretation).

Perhaps aleksa6 could clarify precisely what he was asking about.

Grazza said:

It's possible that by "CE" he meant Collector's Edition (myk's post was clearly based on this interpretation).

Perhaps aleksa6 could clarify precisely what he was asking about.

Hm that's true, I hadn't thought about that interpretation. I was wondering why myk went that route...

There is at least one if not more windows ce doom ports though, so perhaps a mishmash of stuff might lead to a functioning product. I've tried windows ce doom and it's a bit frustrating but definitely works (I bought a mini keyboard to use with it, and when they say mini they mean mini!)

By CE i mean the palmtop PC windows CE. you know, that incredibly small computer you can put into your pocket.

I'm gonna get jornada CE anyway. I planned to make a computer game one day, and a CE version of it. With touch screen shooting :D!