Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Freakin' Noob

Player Properties

I've moved all the Doom64 palettes, sprites and all that junk into a wad, i'm beginning to work a DECORATE lump to change some of the monsters, items, weapons, etc. since the new sprites are way taller, how can i adjust the player's height. That is, how can i make the view that the player sees higher up to accomodate the taller sprites?

I don't think any port allows changing the view height. GZDoom, might, but that's a guess. I'd like to find one that does this as well, because my Wolfenstein mod looks strange with your head close to the ceiling.

EarthQuake said:
I don't think any port allows changing the view height. GZDoom, might, but that's a guess.

Not sure about GZDoom, but Doom Legacy does have a player view height console parameter.

(G)ZDoom allows defining new players which includes setting the view height. Since Hexen already uses a differen view height than the other games this feature is a basic requirement. You use the 'player.viewheight' property for this.

Graf Zahl said:

(G)ZDoom allows defining new players which includes setting the view height. Since Hexen already uses a differen view height than the other games this feature is a basic requirement. You use the 'player.viewheight' property for this.

sooo... how do i do this again?

EDIT: Decorate, I got it.