Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lengis

What should the final name be?

Most of us (including major news sites and gaming magazines) have been calling it Doom 3 from day one. I don't think they should use a second title like "Cyber Demon" or "Legacy of the Last Marine" or something, but just stick with a simple title like they've always been doing.

I don't think they should use a second title like "Cyber Demon" or "Legacy of the Last Marine" or something, but just stick with a simple title like they've always been doing.

Wasn't Doom 2 called "Doom II: Hell on Earth?"

I agree with Flathead, though. They need to keep this one simple. "Doom III" has a kind of mysterious boldness about it, which would more than adequately describe what we've seen so far in the area of graphics capabilities. I mean, if this game does what Carmack has stated, we're all doomed....

When Jaquays spoke at the CGC, they announced the project as being named "DOOM X". Has there been anything supporting that? Or is the so-called "game professor" at my school full of it?

Or is the so-called "game professor" at my school full of it?

I've never heard it called that, not even from carmack himself. As far as I know, it's going to be referred to as Doom III.

...yeah, he's full of it...

As far as I know, it's going to be referred to as Doom III.

They've already said it won't be Doom 3.

That was quite a while ago, so that may have changed.

You're kidding, right?

No I'm not. I am making a suggestion, some subtitle would not belittle the game, but I would be fine with just Doom 3 as I have already stated.

They've already said it won't be Doom 3.

sorry, my mistake...thanks for the info, Lut...

Todd Hollenshead said in a Gamespy Interview that it won't be called DooM 3. In fact, everyone just calls it DOOM.

I guess that's the best name. We have DooM 1/UDooM, DooM 2, and now DOOM. Seems reasonable.

Ultimate Doom: Thy Flesh Consumed
Doom2: Hell on Earth
Doom 3: ????
Who knows if there will will be a subtitle? I personally don't care.

It's not DooM 3, damnit. It's DOOM, just DOOM.

calm down, zaldron...we believe you.

wait...wasn't doom 1 called DooM by Id? Why would they give the new one the exact same name?

...just thinking out loud...

Prime, Well the way I see it.... The new Doom is basically a MAJOR update of the old ones........re-vamping the story and Making the graphics MUCH better, basically

Prime, Well the way I see it.... The new Doom is basically a MAJOR update of the old ones........re-vamping the story and Making the graphics MUCH better, basically

aahhh...i see...this gives Id the chance to do to Doom what they should've done the first time. And, seeing as how this is a pseudo-revamp, is it possible that some things will look the same (ie, weapons, level design, etc.)? I would imagine that Id would throw in a little something for nostalgia's sake. Hmmm...well, I guess we'll have to just wait and see...

yes from what I've seen so far "The Next Doom" doesn't look like a sequel to the Doom series at all. I heard they will have an imp in there though, and the demon only looks the same because of it's posture... IT'S NOT EVEN PINK!!! I wonder what they will do to the cyb and spidy. I also wonder what the new boss will look like and all the new enemies.

well, i sure hope they keep at least the cyber demon. they could make him look so kick ass. you know, the mancubus and arch vile could make some interesting bosses. especially the arch vile, because of his look, movement, and abilites...

I don't know, most DooM enemies look incredibly stupid when recreated in a photorealistic setting like Doom 3. Carmack stated they're going for photorealism, and quite frankly they made it. How would a big mass of flesh with a friggin rocket launcher for arm would look in a movie? Incredibly cheesy.

Unless it gets a major facelift like the Demon got, it will totally ruin the scary atmosphere, to be replaced with a "nostalgic" feel that while it's comforting, it totally ruins the concept of the game.

Besides, DooM's now "Ultimate DooM" so I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

That makes it even confusing than b4. Just stick like this:

Doom 1 = Doom
Doom 2 = Doom II : Hell on Earth
Ultimate Doom is still Ultimate Doom, it goes by that because it only got one more additional episode, so who cares?
Final Doom =
Plutonia Experiment
Tnt Evilution
Doom 3 = remains unknown???

[b]Personally, I'd like to call "Doom 3 : Technology " or "Reality"

was quake3 formerly know as "trinity"?maybe call itDOOM III:trinity or just only DOOM III.or make the title name ralated to UAC-CORP.original DOOM was formerly called DOOM:evil unleashed when the time it was in development.

Actually Trinity is a cancelled project. After that they wanted to work on Quake III, but then id dreamed about a multiplayer-only game : Quake Arena. Eventually they just merged both names.