Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lupinx-Kassman

The worst wads

dutch devil said:

I'm kinda surprised that nobody mentioned Auferstehung yet :)

K.

Auferstehung(Is that even a German word? How did the author manage to put 4 Doom iwads into the file? Why the Hell would the author put in made up cheats? These questions will never be solved.)

Action Doom (TEH WAD WUZ TOO HARD AND I COULDNT BEAT IT AND IT WAS STUPID AND THE BULLETS LOOKED LIKE MARSHMELLOWS AND SCUBA STEVE IS A WHINEY LITTLE BITCH)

I'd say the Wolfendoom series but I kind of liked them... Even though they were a bit repetitive and lame.

Doom Rampage Edition (You know why.)

Better Late Then Never (It seemed kind of stupid to release it way before Christmas and then get angry when it got a bad review. It really wasn't that funny and it seemed pretty satanic. (Killing little kids for God's sake!))

OmegaJ4 said:
I always thought that Heretic TC for Doom 2 was poor.

Herian?

Craigs said:

I'd say the Wolfendoom series but I kind of liked them... Even though they were a bit repetitive and lame.

Better Late Then Never (It seemed kind of stupid to release it way before Christmas and then get angry when it got a bad review. It really wasn't that funny and it seemed pretty satanic. (Killing little kids for God's sake!))

Actually he got angry because the bad review was partially due to the reviewer playing it in the wrong port, iirc.

Also, if you talk bad about Wolfendoom I may have to slay you. c:

esselfortium said:

Actually he got angry because the bad review was partially due to the reviewer playing it in the wrong port, iirc.

Also, if you talk bad about Wolfendoom I may have to slay you. c:

I would prefer to call it, better never than ever. But that's just me. :p I tried it out in Legacy, and for some reason he had made all the textures on the cars Z-fight with the shawn2 texture he actually used for the 3d floors making up the vehicles. Stupid shit.

/me trash talks Wolfendoom a bit. Boring, boring, boring.

Illusions of Home.

This megawad for Doom (all three episodes replaced) will always stand for me as the epitome of awful wadmaking in it's consistent and unapolotgetic suckitude.

Play with Doom.exe to properly experience the vast array of bugs included in this.

The author has even been so kind as to misplace the E1 and E2 final levels so the E1M8 includes a Cyberdemon but no exit switch and E2M8 includes barons and a tag666. Both are unfinishable as a result.

I agree that "Illusions Of Home" was pretty bad (I'd give it 1/5 stars) but it doesn't even make my bottom 50. The maps are very ugly, but rarely headache-inducing... some are tedious, most are pretty boring, and there are some other problems (e.g. you can trap yourself here and there, and much of E2 looks unfinished), but the fights are never unfair, there are no retarded traps, 100% kills/secrets is possible for most maps, the progression is often pretty straight-forward (you rarely, if ever, have to find a hidden door to progress), and there are even some creative moments (start of E2M6, E1M4, the chaingun secret in E2M7, and the RL secret in one of the E1 maps [can't remember which], for example). This alone places it well above the *real* stinkers, IMO.

EDIT: E2M8 is easily finishable in less than 30 seconds, by the way. :-P

Little Faith said:

The author has even been so kind as to misplace the E1 and E2 final levels so the E1M8 includes a Cyberdemon but no exit switch and E2M8 includes barons and a tag666. Both are unfinishable as a result.

The death of the barons in E2M8 would work (i.e. end the level) in pre-Ultimate versions of Doom.exe. You can't blame a mapper for later changes in the exe. And as Kristian points out, there is another way to exit the level too.

You can play it with Doom2.exe, Chocolate-Doom with -gameversion 1.9 or Prboom(-plus) with -complevel 2 to get the pre-Ultimate behaviour.

I'm not sure what the story with E1M8 is though. I tested with v1.2, and the cyber's death didn't end the level in that, so if this is a version issue, then I haven't discovered it.

I agree with Kristian that this wad doesn't belong in a "worst wads" list. It's just an early and mediocre set of maps.

Grazza said:
The death of the barons in E2M8 would work (i.e. end the level) in pre-Ultimate versions of Doom.exe. You can't blame a mapper for later changes in the exe.

If I'm not mistaken (and I doubt it, since I've been messing in DeHackEd in relation to this for my wad project, where I'm using v1.9), this applies to E1M8 and the 666 tag, that can also be triggered by the other bosses. Plus we have the case of the IWAD itself; in E3M8 there's a Baron of hell along with the Spiderdemon, and naturally it won't end the level if killed before the spider. Although I think the two "end level when killed" bosses are interchangeable; I was playing some megawad earlier which had both types of big bosses in E3M8 and I think killing either ended the episode (EDIT: It was TiC's The Evil Unleashed).

Yes, you're right. Actually I had a feeling something was wrong when I was posting that claim, but got distracted from testing it more carefully.

Some others i thought were pretty bad.

Doom 32. (Some good levels, but let down by some bad sounds and slighly bad levels)

Duke Nukem Tc (A Version which was done duke style. The numbers were out of place, All the enemies except the Caco, Zombieman and Shotgunner were replaced with thin air. The 3 Enemies that were still there had the wrong sounds. Oh and it was only 1 level. Pretty bad)

Naan said:

Heretic converted maps from Doom/Doom2.

I rate them an automatic 0 stars.

And Doom converted maps from Heretic?

I thought that a Grahpics Wad called Fallout was pretty poor. I mean, An Duke3d Overlord replacing a shotgunner? Battlelord replacing a Chaingunner? Spidermastermind replacing Arachnatron? No thanks.

"Big Crappy Shit Megawad" was both crappy and excellent to me. Graphically, it was a worthless piece of shit, as are most jokewads. Gameplay wise, it was freaken awesome. Some of the maps were boring, but the others were fun and somewhat challenging. I'll bet most of you think it sucked, but I thought it was pretty darn good (Not graphically)

Deathz0r Online: I really hated this, mainly because it shows just how much Deathz0r wastes his talent on stupid jokewads. The coding for some of the weapons and enemies was pretty nice but the rest of it was just flat out worthless crap.

wow: I probably don't need to explain.

SLIGE generated "megaultraTCs": %100 stupid BULLSHIT. their just graphic replacements, a bunch of computer generated levels, and occassionally a cheesey DEH file!

ducon said:

And Doom converted maps from Heretic?

Since Heretic was released after Doom/Doom2, I have hardly ever seen a Heretic map converted to be played with Doom...

I wonder how some famous Doom 2 WADs would look like using one of these so called map converters...

There is one called odium that apparently not many people liked. The link seems to be broken too so I can't download it from the Doomworld archives. I wish I could so I could see it for myself :P.

Hmmmm....Maybe it was so horrible that even the archive admin/moderator decided to delete it once and for all?

I never played that, but I'm just guessing why the link's not working.

I would guess it was removed because someone complained about the resource theft. So please don't link to it here even if you do locate a copy somewhere.

lupinx-Kassman said:

There is one called odium that apparently not many people liked. The link seems to be broken too so I can't download it from the Doomworld archives. I wish I could so I could see it for myself :P.

I've played that before, and I agree that it was terrible. The author of it used to come to our forum but I haven't seen him around for a while. He tried to "remake" odium later, releasing the remake under the name of "Echos"

For some reason he seemed mostly interested in making Wolfenstein inspired maps.

Craigs said:
The author of it used to come to our forum but I haven't seen him around for a while.

Perhaps he mutated into darkexodus.

myk said:

Perhaps he mutated into darkexodus.

Could be. Perhaps after reading too many novels by H.P. Lovecraft (Or "Loveless" as he called him) his poor 13 year old brain was tainted with Lovecraft's beliefs that human beings were insignificants creatures.

Either that or SS-Bowen got a life and moved on to become a rich man who has sex with a different girl each and every day and Darkexodus is just some messed up brat who googled Doom one day and came up with SLIGE and Doomworld.

i have to say CHEX QUEST, it has no violence whatsoever, except for the cheesy screaming/ and or wailing of the moron alien goo creatures