Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lupinx-Kassman

The worst wads

I found the inspiration....

Wow.wad sucked so bad, that a true sequel is only necessary...

I'm hoping I can get serious and talented mappers such as Ruba, and Giulio Galassi to help me with this masterpiece.

dutch devil said:

I'm kinda surprised that nobody mentioned Auferstehung yet :)

I'm convinced that Auferstehung is just an elaborate joke by someone with way too much time on their hands ... I refuse to believe that someone is honestly dumb enough to have multiple copies of Doom and Freedoom (among other things) scattered among the 30+ data files for their Slige-generated project and not notice.

Still, hearing a crackly "DIE YOU SON OF A BITCH" every time I do anything in it makes me smile at its complete absurdity.

Optimus-Prime said:

(why Giulio Galassi keep making those maps???)

$10 he makes some amazing map soon, and the whole gammaras story is a bad joke

Some of Ruba's maps were terribly bad, particually Diahhroea cos it stunk like shit! :D

And not to mention my jokewads, The New Adventure, Spacia, The Day the Community Died and The JB vs Dr Sleep Bad Jokewad.

if anyone ever checked on Newdoom awhile back (just to see what they were up to) they would know that my first ever completed wad was a really bad one. You literally had to travel around this "Base" several times (at least a mile and a half of running) just to get to the end, where you were given a BFG and sent among about 50 various demons.

Oh yeah and also, there was about 3 different mega ambushes of WTF porportions, and the color scemes of the level made no sense.

So, yeah, I have definitely improved since then...(especially when I discovered ZDoom and GZDoom)

A series I found to be really crap were the Doom2X wads (Doom2xtrme, Doom2 Xtreme gold and one more)

Speaking of which, there's also a Doom3 mod in the same series, Doom3X.

i've played dozens upon dozens of maps in the early days that are a million times worse than any, besides wow, mentioned in this thread.

Craigs said:

K.

Auferstehung(Is that even a German word? How did the author manage to put 4 Doom iwads into the file? Why the Hell would the author put in made up cheats? These questions will never be solved.)

Action Doom (TEH WAD WUZ TOO HARD AND I COULDNT BEAT IT AND IT WAS STUPID AND THE BULLETS LOOKED LIKE MARSHMELLOWS AND SCUBA STEVE IS A WHINEY LITTLE BITCH)

I'd say the Wolfendoom series but I kind of liked them... Even though they were a bit repetitive and lame.

Doom Rampage Edition (You know why.)

Better Late Then Never (It seemed kind of stupid to release it way before Christmas and then get angry when it got a bad review. It really wasn't that funny and it seemed pretty satanic. (Killing little kids for God's sake!))

uh, NO. I released it WAY after Christmas, and you idiots reviewed it in software mode in gzdoom. none of the textures showed up(it was a legacy gl only wad-then scuba didn't read the readme and said he can't use legacy gl-which is a lie, because he used it for atmosphere-and everyone defended him saying"he can't use legacy"-DON'T review a legacy wad in GZDOOM-thanks for reading the readme). thats why i was angry. then the reviewer here posted those terrible non-textured screenshots. there was a story too, the kids were zombies. THATS why i was pissed, it ended up taking too much time, so i released what i had, then i had to deal with a buncha .... who weren't very nice.
thanks for your great understanding."very satanic"...its doom you rube.

jetflock said:

I DO want some cheese with that whine.

Whaaa whaa whwaa, I did however play it in GL mode in Legacy, and it didn't work any better there. The textures on the vehicles were Z-fighting with the shawn textures you had superimposed them over. Good job on that.

waaaaahhahahahahahahah!
all i wanted was some snazzy screenshots.oh i shall be nice. i don't care anymore.it was an experiment-which nobody seemed to get(the only way i could texture the 3d floors properly was by doing that). you don't have to be an asshole though, then again, it is doomworld.why be an asshole? really? i don't understand the mentality here, and i never did. i think i am too old for this particular forum.

jetflock said:

(the only way i could texture the 3d floors properly was by doing that)

Uhm, are you serious? Do you really know so little about how to use the 3d floors?

jetflock said:

you don't have to be an asshole though, then again, it is doomworld.why be an asshole? really? i don't understand the mentality here, and i never did. i think i am too old for this particular forum.

Well, yeah, it's really mature to get a hissy-fit everytime someone criticise your stuff.

EDIT: also, since you released it sometime in July, it's not really any point in arguing whichever it was before or after christmas, (doesn't matter if you intended it to be released for Christmas 2005 or 2006) it was released in the middle of the summer. That's nuff said about that.