Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

Angry Nintendo Nerd

He seems to be pretty accurate, especially about games that were way too hard. Old Nintendo games were known for their difficulty (pretty funny, considering Nintendo is now ultra-casual), and some of them just went so far overboard it was near required to cheat.

If any games today came out with the kind of insane difficulty seen in TMNT, Double Dragon 3, etc .. it would bomb. Nobody plays games that hard anymore, except a few die-hard gaming maniacs. And they mostly live in Japan. :P

However I don't think he's really funny .. all he does is explain why they suck, with swear words tossed in. And he sounds pretty bored, or just angry, instead of amusing. I know the games are crap .. maybe he needs a lesson from Seanbaby in making fun of shitty old NES games. In fact, Seanbaby has some videos up on YouTube that are way funnier than this.

I'm also pretty sure he's the inspiration for those Furious Famicom Faggot things on Something Awful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mupyfGBE0Y - This, though .. was absoultely hilarious.

Oh god, I actually played Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde all those years ago... I can't believe me and my cousins actually tried to figure that game out...

And watching him trying to get the pizza in that TMNT one.. oh man, I gotta go through all of these later.

He would work out better in text rather than on video. The strength of his voice doesnt really carry behind the excessive swearing.

His subject matter is pretty poor though. He picks one or two aspects of a game and then drives them into the ground, even if it's something really minor.

At least now I know what SA's been making fun.

I love Angry Nintendo Nerd. He's pretty accurate and funny. Don't think too much into it though, just look at it with humor in mind.

Amaster said:

The strength of his voice doesnt really carry behind the excessive swearing.

Yeah. It's almost as if he's nervous or at least uncertain of his ability to feign nerd rage. Really, this shit is funny as hell, but only because this guy is trying too hard to be cynical and he fails miserably.

But no, IT SUCKS, IT SUCKS ASS FROM A STRAW! And you wanna know why? Well... *awkward pause* ...where do I begin? That beeping sound when you're low on energy, I mean, that's so annoying.

Some dumbass suffering seizures on YouTube induced by NES games is pathetic bordering on pitiful, and certainly not funny.

Ah, Furious Famicon Faggot on Something Awful's "Flash Tub" suddenly seems a lot more relevant. The guy has a good speaking voice and he seems to have picked some genuninely shitty games, but his problem lies in some really bland writing, and excessive swearing. If he's going to swear that much, he should have a stronger, more aggressive voice. This seems like something that could potentially be hilarious but is ruined by mediocrity.

By the sounds of how idiotic this is I haven't checked out the reviews. They're also almost as long as it takes to beat some of the games.

Double Dragon 3 was badass though not as classic as 1 and 2. Despite the movies sucking, the Karate Kid game is actually pretty good. Castlevania 2 was one of the best Castlevanias and is the origin of SOTN's style (aside from some possible Metroid influence). Anyone complaining about the difficulty of those three games just sucks. Nightmare on Elm St is a fun 4 player game (I've actually played four player within the last couple years) for while until you all eventually die off.

Trying to land your plane on the damn carrier at the end of a mission in Top Gun is ********** so I can guess what 6 minutes and 45 seconds of that review goes on about.

The Anger Begins I never heard of. That's a pretty funny name for a game.

Gokuma said:
Castlevania 2 was one of the best Castlevanias and is the origin of SOTN's style (aside from some possible Metroid influence). Anyone complaining about the difficulty of those three games just sucks.

You're joking right?

DO NOT LOOK INTO THE DEATHSTAR OR YOU WILL DIE

udderdude said:
And he sounds pretty bored, or just angry, instead of amusing.

He's the "ANGRY Nintendo Nerd", after all.

Anyway, his reviews are only fun/only make sense if you've played the game in question. I find many of his observations spot on, while others aren't really relevant, nor fun. It's a very mixed bag.

Watched the rest... just silly fun. I could relate to some of them, at least. I didn't notice something about that TMNT one until now... he has lots of trouble with that jump near the end, but he walked over similar platforms one block-length apart in the sewers earlier in the vid.

Kristian Ronge said:

He's the "ANGRY Nintendo Nerd", after all.

Well, his is more of a passive/agressive anger, not really something you can get behind. I felt more annoyed by him than rage at the games he was playing.

Good anger : Bill Hicks.
Bad anger : Angry Nintendo Nerd.

This almost seems pointless. He's comparing a bunch of games made in the 1980's to the standards that gaming follows today. OF COURSE THEY WONT BE AS GOOD AS HE THINKS/WANTS. Games followed a different standeard back then, and nonetheless people still enjoyed them. This guy is just saying how they don't compare in todays gaming world when in reality it doesn't matter because they are so damn old. Pointless

Captain Red said:

Kirby, have you even seen like half of one episode? Because you're babbling utter nonsense.

But of course. I watched the one for Nightmare on Elm Street and the one for Friday the 13th. The reason I said what I did is because it appears to me as though he's arguing a moot point. These games weren't made in an age where practically every kid in America had one. The way each game operated, ableit sometimes in a very similar fashion, still gave people what they wanted.

You obviously never owned either Friday the Thirteenth or Nightmare on Elm Street because those games are complete shit. They just through a crappy game together in a week and slapped a movie title on it for a quick buck.

It's both funny and sad when a person realizes their very minor error but still won't admit to it.