Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
188DarkRevived

How are you celebrating DOOM's 13th?

Grazza said:
Still a bit of a long shot if those percentages were accurate though.

Yeah, sprites are a lot of work, and those look very original. Nice to see it's in a pretty advanced stage of production, though.

Nice to know that y'all have your own ways of partying and your own set of high hopes & dreams :)

Me personally, I will probably warp around through either Memento Mori 2 or Batman DOOM or even TNT Evilution in order to relive some fun times & memories.

But if I'll feel to distracted by the web to get any gaming done on that day then I'll be listening to Bobby Prince's tunes through my media player while I do the browsing.
There's also some very absorbing and addictive remixes of DOOM that I found at: http://www.ocremix.org
so I'll be immersing myself in those as well.

As for projects that I'm hoping to see being released...
Well, I don't really think that the Heretic Treasure Chest can count as one, because it isn't for DOOM. It is for Heretic.

So that leaves me hoping for my & Darkhaven's team project for ZDOOM based of the DOOM Bible...which is codenamed/named as X-DOOM.
It could've already been released a long time ago if only Darkhaven's laptop wasn't borrowed by his cousin who doesn't give a damn about the Doomers and what they're all about. The finished WAD is on that dang laptop which is currently in the wrong & ignorant hands.
* sigh *

Hopefully

AlexMax said:

I'll read the cacowards

while listening to the Doom soundtrack. And possibly

Lizardcommando said:

Play the E1 maps.

Steal cheerleaders pom-poms and chuck them at people pretending to be an imp. Then bellow that doomsday is upon us and finally sit there playing doom until I have to go to work.

Like any other day that isn't Doom's birthday that involves doom. I play Doom.

Oh, forgot to mention that I'll be celebrating DOOM's 13th by reviewing your shitty WADs masterpiece levels that bring me joy and happiness like any birthday of DOOM should!

DarkJedi188 said:

There's also some very absorbing and addictive remixes of DOOM that I found at: http://www.ocremix.org

There's some pretty cool tracks from Final Doom on there that you should check out. Not to forget the Dark Side of Phobos of course.

Darkfyre said:

There's some pretty cool tracks from Final Doom on there that you should check out. Not to forget the Dark Side of Phobos of course.

Yes, those are EXACTLY the ones which I was referring to in my previous post.
Dark Side Of Phobos rocks!

Out of the Final Doom remixes, I really love the piano one of the tune from the River Styx map. It's very trancy :)

I even found one remix of the Wolf3D menu themesong on there.
But I really wish they could do more mixes for DOOM2: Hell On Earth. There's just not enough of those.

Wow, thanks for that one!
I never knew that Mazedude had his own site outside of the Overclocked crew.
Sometimes his style may appeal to me. It all depends on my current mood on any given moment.

Scuba Steve said:

Ultimate Cacowards 3

YAY :O (I thought it was the 13th though. :p)

Anyway, after reading the Cacowards, I'll probably play E1 through, get fucked up and play Nimrod Project Doom with my friends for a few hours, eat lots of candy and then fall asleep. Awesome!

insertwackynamehere said:

i'll celebrate it by remembering that its been 3 years since avatars have been broken, which is why some people still have little birthday hats and 10s in thier avatars

I don't think broken is the word you're looking for.

PS. Dark side of phobos blows, I suggest you listen to some Bart Klepka mixes instead.

EDIT: So, I guess Doom is a teenager soon. Getting his first nightly ejaculation, getting zits and start looking at other games for sexual pleasure. Sniff, they grow up so fast.

kristus said:

So, I guess Doom is a teenager soon. Getting his first nightly ejaculation, getting zits and start looking at other games for sexual pleasure. Sniff, they grow up so fast.

Hmmm....Would Duke Nukem 3D really be worthy enough to become his first girlfriend?

If I were to give him some advice, I'd tell him to go out with Heretic instead. She's just so much nicer, more serious, and got less of that humour/parody/gimmicks jazz :P

Eh, you want him to be homo? I would expect him to first go for the simple to get games, like barbie horse adventures. Of course Barbie horse adventures will be a total let down, since she'll only wanna cuddle and never put out, so he would secretly be looking in game magazines at games like DOA wolleyboll and Tomb Raider to get his pubertal thrills. But once he's grown a bit, he'll probably settle for the more intellectual and beautful partner like Myst or Ico.

Have my memories of Doom erased and play it again. On these occasions I wish I didn't feel like The One inside the Matrix... I can see all the code beneath all of the traps, monsters, etc.

As of February, I'll have been involved with the community in a major way for 10 years. This means Team Eternity gets to celebrate a big anniversary, and so I'll probably do something special to mark the occasions ^_^

kristus said:

But once he's grown a bit, he'll probably settle for the more intellectual and beautful partner like Myst or Ico.

Definitely Myst. She's just the right age for him. I wonder what the offpring of Doom and Myst would look like...

Definitely Myst. She's just the right age for him. I wonder what the offpring of Doom and Myst would look like...

Shoot the stupid lever off and bomb the locked door.

So basically, the sandbox FPS genre.

Psycho Siggi said:

So that's how they made Heretic...

*...*

I enjoy both Doom and Heretic equally, but Heretic has a way more deep gameplay with inventory gestion than Doom, and there's not a BFG9000-like weapon that can 2 or 4 shot the most powerful bosses like in Doom.

To each its own tastes, but that's not because one doesn't like it that he has to shout loud it's shit.

Oh well, back to the topic...

I think I'll go through E2 which is by far my favorite among the 3 originals.

kristus said:

But once he's grown a bit, he'll probably settle for the more intellectual and beautful partner like Myst or Ico.

And when he has his midlife crisis, he'll dump her in favour of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

I plan to buy a birthday cake with the Doom logo masterly crafted on it, and then I plan to storm the id headquarters with birthday hats and confetti.