Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SteelPH

voodoo dolls?

if anyone here has ever played eternal doom(by team tnt) and gotten up to level 26(no parking), you'd notice a marine facing away from you in one of the windows, and whenever it got shot, you'd get hurt, and if it died, you'd go with it. is this some kinda trick or what?

It's done by placing multiple Player 1 starts. The last one placed is where the player will actually start the map. The rest can be used as voodoo dolls.

Another WAD I've seen (or I have, rather) that has this is Galaxia by Pavel Hodek. Interesting WAD if you ask me. It's pretty fun IMO. If any one would like it but can't find it anywhere, I can mirror it on my FTP space temporarily.

i have seen many maps useing the "voodoo dolls" map30 of TNT(final doom) has one on it but u cant shoot it. It gets telefragged if u dont do the block maze correctly in the start. Also it can produce some interesting bugs too. to get these bizzar effects you must use original doom, it is possible it can be done in a port but i have never tried. A map which this bug was common sight is on a disk of mine, saddly i have forgotten its name but it was a single room level, star shaped(a horrible star) and filled with monsters as well as one voodoo doll. If a voodoo doll is killed by a monster, or sometimes by you it will die but u dont truly die. you will lose all the healthand come back with 100, sometimes 125 or another odd number, however this time u are weaponless and u can still be killed but monsters will not go after u and will return to their idle animations

Voodoo dolls also work in multiplayer with multiple coop starts. Reach a score of 10 in Ground Zero and see what happens.

They used the voodoo doll trick in Batman Doom. In the Penguin's Bank map, in an area separate from the main map, is a voodoo doll on top of a "slow fall/merge with lower sector" elevator placed very high above a nukage sector. Opening the first door starts the platform moving downward. If you didn't clear the map quickly enough, it looked like you were choking on poison gas.

Batman Doom has some of the best special effects I've seen using nothing but vanilla Doom 2. Surprising what they managed to do using only DeHackEd and no source port.

Heh, I never finished playing Batman Doom. I got to level 4 or so, then skipped around. I think they changed the cheat codes, so that's probably why.

I think I got through the first episode, then I beat the scarecrow...after that, I forget. But it was incredible considering it didn't run on any source ports.

Heh, just now I built a simple square with DeePSea level with blood as the ceiling and floor. The walls were water. Weird, huh? I named bloody.wad or something like that.
Anyway, I put in 4 P1 Starts. I played it using Legacy.
Anywho, I was the fourth player start. I put one enemy in the level-a CyberDemon-and he blasted at me. I sidestepped over to the southern corner of the map, and strafed out of the way just as a rocket nearly hit me. The rocket hit the wall, and suddenly I was DEAD!!!

It's called blast damage. You know, from the rocket?

No, no, no, you fool, I had sidestepped far out of the way, to where I was looking at the Cyber's side. The rocket hit the corner and I was suddenly dead-and I had 100 health!

Oh, ok, I thought you meant it hit the wall near the real you. Not one of the dummies.

I was "zombified" in eternal doom, on the map that comes after "darkdome". I died in the end as planned, but started the next level as a zombie. Does anyone know how they did the trick to start next "episode" with pistol only?

BTW, where are the voodoo dolls in Cyberdreams?