Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Th0r

Exist.wad : Finished

Well I finally broke the mappers block I had going for so long, and now that I'm done with the multitude of skulltag projects i have started on an independent map. With screens!

Screens show progress of : 2 days

It will be a single map, about medium size. Enough to keep you occupied for about 15-20 minutes hopefully.

This looks good, I approve! Your rooms look a bit empty, though. I see a lot of lights and ceiling detail, but the rooms themselves are big squares without much gameplay-affecting architecture going on. Pillars are your friends, as are little coves built off of the main room. :)

Enough to keep you occupied for about 15-20 minuets hopefully.

My minuets needed some occupation, anyway.

Wow, that's a whole lotta brown.

I do have to agree with esselfortium about the rooms looking really empty. I hope you add some stuff in it to spice things up.

OMFG NEW SCREENS. Map Half-way done

Screens show progress of : 3 days

Added pillars for great justice

Edit: shot one reloaded

My God .. make the giant, square brown rooms (with 2 monsters each, omg challenge) stop. Please make it look less like Quake with the Doom pallete. :(

udderdude said:

My God .. make the giant, square brown rooms (with 2 monsters each, omg challenge) stop. Please make it look less like Quake with the Doom pallete. :(

I like it, and im going to stick with it. It only looks like there isnt many monsters because i don't see the point in having them all out in the open, easy targets if you ask me. Expect more monsters in traps and suprises.

Well, I was enjoying it, until I got into a room with an invisible pit with an arachnotron in it. I fell in, and was unable to get out before he killed me. Trying again with god mode, it seemed it was impossible to get out of the pit after falling in. Bug testing beforehand plz.

I enjoyed it for the most part until I stepped outside with 46% health, then played it again and killed the spiderdemon before even getting the yellow key.

I played it both ways actually. The first time I played through the normal way. I could have killed him then, but not knowing that the map ended right at that point, I would be left with little ammo for the next areas. Then the second time I killed him early just to see if I could.

Ahh ok then, i was just making sure ;). Anyways, its being uploaded to the next newstuff(whenever that is.) So i guess expect a review. I do hope you enjoyed playing it as much as i did making it.

Uh, it wasn't a lack of ammo, it was the fact that I fell into the pit where it was and couldn't escape. It's a bug. I hope you fix it.

I kept running out of ammo and was forced to get monsters to fight eachother.I died more than once and no armor to be found and placing an beserk would really help.I found this an frustrating map its not hard at all it just has imo low amounts of ammo.

Enough ammo.
Fugly texturing.
Whee retardedly tall stairs.
You can still fall into the rev pits at the SSG.
Boring.

Your improving, which is a good thing. But don't have a sour attitude towards commentary. Btw, where'd you get the music, I like it.

It's actually bz_fjo7.it

It also sounds a lot like Rammstein's Engel with added crap.

No comment on using a 1.8MB music file.

Belial said:

No comment on using a 1.8MB music file.

No matter, allow me. First off, they state at that site you need to obtain the composer's permission. And besides, weather or not you did that you should still at least give credit to the song.