Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CacoDoomer

Three Things I'm Wondering About

I recently encounter The Sky May Be Wad and that is got to be one of the strangest things I've ever seen. I e-mailed the guy who made it asking him where the music came from and he told me all about it. He didn't know where the E1M1 music came from but he told me according to the Readme.txt it was stolen from DGOLDBT. Anyone know what the song is or what DGOLDBT is?

This is a DEHACKED question. How do I make weapons fire really fast. I found out I can open a DEHACKED patch in a Wordpad recetnly and I'm wondering how do I do it from there.

I think I read somewhere that the DOOM pistol is based off a toy and maybe some other of the weapons are too. Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks in advance for anyone how knows anything.

The only one I can answer is #3. Yes, both the pistol AND the shotgun were based on pictures taken of guns from Toys 'R' Us.

CacoDoomer said:
Anyone know what the song is or what DGOLDBT is?

This seems to be the last version. Get used to the idgames database's search feature; it was made so people could find wads easily, not just to be looked at from a distance.

This is a DEHACKED question. How do I make weapons fire really fast. I found out I can open a DEHACKED patch in a Wordpad recetnly and I'm wondering how do I do it from there.

Use DeHackEd or WhackEd and read their documentation. Eventually you'll be able to edit DEH files directly to a degree, but it's not that simple for most things. Fast weapons require modified frames, and in any case there's a sample "superweapons" patch in the DeHackEd package.

1. If I'm thinking of the right music track that you are, the strange music in TSMB is some midi version of a classical/baroque/renaissance composition. I think I heard it on a piano as one of the presets (you know the themes that the electric ones have). Never heard of DGOLDBT though.
3. The shotgun is based off a plastic toy gun, which still sits in id's lobby.

DeumReaper said:
3. The shotgun is based off a plastic toy gun, which still sits in id's lobby.

Rellik featured that one in the pics he took visiting id Software.