Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foofoo

the Anti-Quake Textures league

I've had it with the browns and the greys and the non anti-aliased mess of pixels. So others who are also sick of this, join me/us. Its time we took back Doom.

*burns effigy of that Quake grate texture*

PS and yes this covers Hexen/Heretic textures as well.

Quake is more than just tech bases, you know. I'd rather see more Palace of Hate or Dismal Oubliette type maps.

I enjoy quake textures if they are used well, not if they are vomited all over the map turning it completely brown.

Ichor said:

Quake is more than just tech bases, you know.

yeah theres also brownish/greyish muck :/ and muck/tech crossovers

zap610 said:

I enjoy quake textures if they are used well

you are the unbeliever >:[ ALLAAAAAH KALAKA *suicide bombs your Doom*

zap610 said:

:(

Join us. Don't worry, we do not blame you. The Quake Texturers have brainwashed you. There are other textures out there. Believe!

No, DOOM is dead, it's old and moldy (you can see that in all the green it uses)!

Embrace the unstoppable Quake, loser!

zap610 said:

I want to join! Save me!

It's okay, little buddy, I'm here. Bastards nearly got you too >:[

Now you've done it. I swear to god I will make a level completely out of DOORTRAK if this retardedness continues.

Bucket said:

Now you've done it. I swear to god I will make a level completely out of DOORTRAK if this retardedness continues.

oh no :( What have I done? *looks at hands*

Bucket said:

At least it wouldn't be brown.

esselfortium said:

What is a "texture"?

A miserable little pile of pixels!

I enjoyed Project Slipgate and Dissolution... I'm glad it wasn't an entire 32 levels of it, though.

Ok, Quake textures I can understand, but why Heretic/Hexen textures? They're even more colorful and cartoony than Doom's textures. Look at your average Heretic/Hexen map, it doesn't look like a sea of brown to me.

I don't blame foofoo. Quake textures were pretty cool at first, but their used so often now, that its kind of bland. I plan on making a virtual reality-like level where there are many bright colors, and high speed transits and stuff, but thats not until nprject4.wad is released :P.

All quake fans unite we will take over doomworld and call it quakeworld.

There's already a Quake world. It's Zdaemon for FAGGOTS.

Now that that's out of the way, DEATH TO HALO2!!!!

The overuse of Quake like textures is worse than eating more chocolates than what your guts can handle, at least it was a pleasure when you where eating, and isn't bad at all the moment when you evacuate them (yet the middle moments are a pain).

DOOM has 256 glorious colours (one of them is so mighty that only can be seen with an editor), there's no need to stick to the brown (mmm.. I prefer not to continue with the comparisions).

Someone needs to tell whoever runs quakeworld.net the 90s have ended.

Neways I agree with leileilol here, Quake textures are for Quake, Doom textures are for Doom, Duke textures are for Duke (rly Siggi), etc.

Quake textures are powerful in combination with additional stuff from Quake 2, from the IKWALL texture pack and the Gothic texture set. They work quite well together and I will prove that it is more than just tek bases with "The Ultimate Torment & Torture" ;)