Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Th0r

Ni'mrod : Dead Zone

Hello, I have another map in progress, and as you can see, its a Ni'mrod map. I was inspired by the most recent Ni'mrod style maps by Homer and Cacodemon, and also because I can see that if I want to make it able to compare to the others I need to put a lot of effort into it. Anyways, its more of a personal learning map. But who cares about that?! ON TO THE SCREENS! (Be gentle :P)

I might not have the best architecture/detail around, but I hope to make up for it by having some kick ass gameplay.

Note: All permissions have been granted by Kristus.

I'm not a huge fan of how the step4 texture is used on the yellow/black striped texture, or the use of the green tile with the black/yellow texture either, but it doesn't look bad at all overall. The monster placement looks abit forced however.

Wow i'm touched :)

Just because at least one person cares about this map, i'll show an improvement screen.

dutch devil said:

Looking good but I see doortraks on the ceiling.

Hey, it works .. sortof.

I just hope this map has less invisible pits with enemies in them, that you can't get out of.

Looks out of place it breaks up the gray texture imo, those red textures are used for crates but also as wall textures.

Nice large areas perfect for high amounts of monsters like deus vult.

dutch devil said:

Nice large areas perfect for high amounts of monsters like deus vult.

Well, we'll see about that. Considering that Nimrod monsters are more powerful than doom2 monsters I have to be careful to make it flow and not make the map overly hard.

The screenshots look awesome! :) I hope gameplay will be as awesome as graphics, at least! ;)
@ Dutch Devil: The red textures showed in the screenshots are used just as crates and never as walls, in my opinion!

Ismaele said:

@ Dutch Devil: The red textures showed in the screenshots are used just as crates and never as walls, in my opinion!

First post bottom screen use an different flat something red would look much better on those crates.I thought at first it was an wall but its supposed to be some conveyor type thing that moves crates along the ceiling.

Doesn't really matter if the monsters are more powerful add enough health/ammo and it should play fine.

dutch devil said:

First post bottom screen use an different flat something red would look much better on those crates.

That's called, "256 color limitation".

I've nothing against what I see of the map design proper, but that translucent texture effect for the lights quite horrible. I'd avoid it at all costs.