Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
lupinx-Kassman

New Legacy Problems

I recently downloaded Windows Legacy version 1.42, it runs fine by itself, but when I added Nimrod.wad (using the launcher), I got this error:

I_RegisterSong: StreamBufferSetup FAILED

I have no clue how to fix this, can anyone enlighten me how to fix this problem?

(Btw I tried using Nimrod with out the launcher and it crashes with out an error display instead, but whatever.l)

I think this happens on some sound cards when the music lump is in MIDI format instead of MUS. Personally, I've never seen the point in using MIDI lumps, as there's no discernable difference in quality compared to MUS and it's not exactly difficult to convert from one format to the other.

I have experienced on occasion that some MIDIs don't convert well to MUS so normally you shouldn't convert your files unless absolutely necessary.

ROFL! MUS is an extremely limited format which doesn't support enough tracks and has a pitiful file size limit of 64 KB. No port has any business only supporting MUS at this point; MUS have to be converted into MIDI in order to play on modern systems anyways, so the added effort to support MIDI under this situation is zero.

Well, it's evident Doom Legacy does have MIDI support, as Ni'mRoD is specifically for the engine in question; but it seems to be buggy.

Quasar said:

ROFL! MUS is an extremely limited format which doesn't support enough tracks and has a pitiful file size limit of 64 KB.

Tell that to the YM8132.