Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DJShrimpy

How can I make repeatable Hexen actions?

When mapping in Doom format you can choose wether the action is repeatable or a one-time only action. But when I'm mapping in Hexen format I cannot choose to make it a one-time action or a repeatable one. It's just a one-time action by default which means my elevators and doors only work once.

One more thing: how can I make lava/slime an instant death? The only options I see are hurting by 10%, 25%, etc. but I'm not sure how to make it an instant death.

And there are no instant death sectors, but you can die instantly if you fall too far, even when using god mode.

But then howcome in Wads such as the sttlmsv2.wad or stdom.wad when you fall in a pit you die, and it's only as deep as about a 64 x 64 texture.

DJShrimpy said:

One more thing: how can I make lava/slime an instant death? The only options I see are hurting by 10%, 25%, etc. but I'm not sure how to make it an instant death.

If you are using ZDoom you can get an instant death sector by giving it a special of 115. In the configurations for DoomBuilder and Slade this should be defined. If this is for vanilla Hexen you will have to use some scripting tricks.