Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Which FPS is scariest?

"Which FPS is scariest?"

Super Mario Bros.

Stupidity cannot be concealed.

Sorry... you just left yourself wide open for that one.

Anyway, you left out two of the scarriest FPS's out there : Undying and System Shock 2. Of your list I would have to say Doom... but I've never played Thief, so I'm not sure how frightening it is.

"Which FPS is scariest?"

Super Mario Bros.

Stupidity cannot be concealed.

EllipsusD-I did that on purpose, umkay?

1) Out of those, I'd have to say Quake. Sure, DOOM was scary the first time I played it (especially when I first saw the Cyberdemon), but now it just seems "animated" to me now.

2) DooMBoy, Mario is not an FPS, that's why you got the quote like usual.

Silent Hill was the scariest game I've ever played, but that's not an FPS...I haven't played any truly scary FPSs lately, but Doom was definately the scariest the first time I played it, mainly because there was nothing that could even touch it out yet, except for wolfenstein but that wasn't scary, it was all bright and blue and crap.

I'm rarely scared by any game... but if I was still a little toddler Bard-man I think Blood might give me a few chills.

Well.... there -is- one Mario game that's almost an FPS: Yoshi's Safari. Only it's not scary.... and pretty lame. You ride on Yoshi and shoot things (if you have the Super Scope it'd be an improvement). Real game, sadly...

I think some of DOOM could be considered 'scary', but Quake does have more realism, so it's a bit more effective these days.... in my opinion anyhow ^.^;;

System Shock II, Thief 2 (the library on "Casing the Joint" and the catacombs on the Hammerite Cathedral) and the first levels of Undying.

Well.... there -is- one Mario game that's almost an FPS: Yoshi's Safari.

Did you know that alarmist parent groups include light-gun games like Yoshi's Safari in the FPS category?

For the poll, I'd have to say System Shock 2. Also, the first time through Half-Life was pretty intense.

Nottin makes me want to schit myself more then playing doom with the lights off and music turned down. Doom is the only game that still manages to scare me from time to time.

System Shock II, Thief 2 (the library on "Casing the Joint" and the catacombs on the Hammerite Cathedral) and the first levels of Undying.

hey zaldron you got point.

Nottin makes me want to schit myself more then playing doom with the lights off and music turned down. Doom is the only game that still manages to scare me from time to time.

It only works for me now if I'm listening to Das Ich's soundtrack.

Yeah doom can be freaky .. AvP freaked me out aswell. When I just got it I sat in a dark room at midnight and played schirmish.. damn that was really freaky..

Yep. AvP definitly threw me out of the chair a few times(literaly, bad chair mind you)... and no other games has done that!