Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofhell

NEW Transformers Trailer

i was into beast wars when i was a kid. had quite a few toys. one of my purchases gave me a VHS with two of the episodes, it seemed to be more funny than serious.

however, my favorite tranformer toy was the g1 optimus

MasterOfPuppets said:
i had so many of the Beast Wars toys. i think they might be in a big plastic bin in the garage, probably covered in spiders lol.

I had a rather nasty habit of taking them apart and mixing and matching parts an' stuff. Those ball-and-socket joints were perfect for that. Lately, I've been able only to resurrect my Transmetal Airazor and Transmetal Tarantulus (with only four legs D: ).

yeah i had that big Optimus figure, that had the light up eyes and stuff. it was pretty awesome. i also had the dragon Megatron - that thing is cool just as a conversation piece. better than my plastic Rankor i think.

Oh, Optimal Optimus? I have one of those, still do. Sits on top of my dresser, pretty as ever (although I'm missing that rifle thingy).

The robots better have personality, just like humans do, and just like all of the other versions of Transfromers did. If they're simply alien robots who act like robots, then the movie will suck ass. In my opinion of course.

I think it's safe to say they will have personality. Peter Cullen, the original actor who voiced Prime, is back for the movie. Offers were extended to all of the original cartoon cast members to audition for the roles, but some of them are dead now, like Scatman Crothers who voiced Jazz and Chris Latta who voiced Starscream.

Personally I am looking forward to this movie. Anyone expecting a duplicate of the original cartoon is not only naive but foolish and misguided. It worked well back then and was my favourite cartoon. Even now I watch an episode from time to time and it has a silly nostalgic charm. But to recreate it exactly in a movie just would not work. After all it would ultimately be a silly kid's movie and would probably be a commercial flop. I don't want to see a kid's movie, and I'm sure most if not all of you don't either. I can't wait to see my old childhood favourites, reinvisioned and kicking ass in a serious action movie, which is what this is going to be, not some cornball fest where highly sophisticated robots only manage to land about 1 in every 30 shots they fire.

EDIT: Excellent! According to IMDB, Frank Welker has also returned to voice Megatron.

Nooooooooooooooo! A cute child clutching a pink cuddly toy. Oh the humanity! :(

Danarchy said:

Sadly, the guy who voiced Starscream remains dead. :(

Yeah that's a real shame, his presence will be missed. I've barely thought about Transformers for 17 or 18 years so I didn't learn that until recently. Once I heard about the movie I searched and read a few articles, and watched some of the old episodes on YouTube.

I liked Transformers, at least the old animated movie. If only for the rock 'n roll soundtrack. If they have anything close to Stan Bushes "The Touch" or Lion's "Transformers" I would go see the film.

If it's Techno, I'm fine with that. But if it's Punk Rock, I will boycott like hell. I mean I don't want a remake of the animated movie, but if it's kick ass, shoot 'em up, with a good (doesn't even have to be great) plot, then I'll be fine and have a fulfilling experience.

This film is Michael Bay's last chance for redemption.

Looks like they're taking the 'Ultra serious' route .. oh well, maybe it will have some decent action/blowing shit up scenes. You can never go wrong with giant robots smashing puny human buildings/tanks.

Although I fear it'll have a ridiculously long leadup, faux-suspense bullshit timewaste before the robot shit hits the fan.