Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DJShrimpy

Two questions.

1. How can I make it so that when the map starts, certain sectors are faded? Because the only way I can do it is when you walk over a line. But I want it so that the sector is already faded once the map starts.

2. Is there a way to display a message when the map starts?

DJShrimpy said:

1. How can I make it so that when the map starts, certain sectors are faded? Because the only way I can do it is when you walk over a line. But I want it so that the sector is already faded once the map starts.

Depends. Are you using a port? If you're using Boom or a Boom-compatible port, you can put a voodoo doll on a conveyor belt in a dummy sector. This will be pulled over the walk line and fade the lights at the start of the level.

But I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "already faded once the map starts" in any case. Do you want the first thing the player sees to be the lights fading out?

2. Is there a way to display a message when the map starts?

If you're making a level for Vanilla Doom, no. Some ports support features like this.

I'm using Skulltag. The conveyer belt seems like a good idea.

And by "already faded once the map starts" I mean that you don't have to walk over anything or do anything to activate the sector fade.

fraggle said:

If you're making a level for Vanilla Doom, no.

O RLY? Take a look at the start of Eternal map28.

Grazza said:

O RLY? Take a look at the start of Eternal map28.

Ya RLY. That's cheating :-P

Create a black texture and write some text on it with Paint. Make the player start in a square box containing that texture. I've been thinking that for a Star Wars Doom mod one might use letter shaped sectors and a script movable player.