Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofhell

the xmas thread

Let's see what I got...

2 Gift Cards for Target. One for $20, the other for $15.
A bag of M&Ms

That was from last night. Now...the mega haul AKA today's loot:

In the Stocking:
Mini Oreos
Bag of Mint Dark Chocolate Kit-Kats
Pringles (Cheezums Flavor)
Cosmic Brownies

What I got today:
Mega Man Zero 2
Mega Man Zero 3
Mega Man Zero 4
Megaman X7
Final Fantasy V Advance
Final Fantasy III (DS)
Resident Evil:Deadly Silence
Metroid Prime:Hunters
Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening, Special Edition
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner Kuzunoha Raidou vs. The Soulless Army
Final Fantasy XII Limited Edition

Aseph said:

MUSIC
"Yanqui U.X.O." and "F#A#(Infinity Symbol" by Godspeed You Black Emperor
"Focus" by Cynic

\m/

Here something I got as an earily Christmas gift..Something I wanted for months.

Nvidia 7800 GS OC (Overclocked)..Games play so much better now :)

Merry Christmas to you all!

I hate to sound spoiled, as always, but here's what I got:
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Zelda: Twilight Princess, for WIIIIIIIIIIIIII
iHome, even though I have no use for it, really
Slayer - Soundtrack to the Apocalypse
Doom for PSX, even it the old-school Playstation game box!
Final Doom for PSX
F.E.A.R.
HL2 Episode 1
Random clothes
Monies, including gif cards
A Playstation-USB controller adapter
A new mouse
An iPod

That's all.

Spy vs Spy Comic Strip collection book
17' Viewsonic flatpanel
Colone
Socks
Computer magazines

An end to global warming and an end to the violence in the Middle East. And heck, maybe an end to greed, but none of this is gonna happen.

I got:

-Norelco beard trimmer with my name on it (reference)
-Some awesomely tasty truffles
-Beautiful black Galveston 12 String Bass with ivory bat in-lay dots between frets, Click "Description" and check out some pics. $400, explains why I didn't get pretty much of anything else. Although this one has an oh-so-slight brown tint, while mine has a slight green tint.
-A board game: a sort of laser chess game called Deflexion, I believe. It's pretty good.
-Eight mini-sharpies!

Others in my house/family got:
-Guitar Hero II. It is really really really good. Incredible.
-Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I don't like it, he does. Guess who is forced into cooping it? Naa just kiddin.
-Another board game Rumi or something close to that, a mayan sort of 3d tetris board game, in my opinion.
-Another board game called Blokus: Trigon. We got the original Blokus 2 years ago and played the hell out of it. Can't tell if this is better or worse. It's mostly the same thing but triangles instead of squares.
-An very modern art-ish and fully posable focused Robot Lamp, pretty sweet looking.

And later in the week in the mail is a DS-Xtreme I've been waiting a few weeks for, bought with Christmas money. It's a DS cart with a USB port on it and a little operating system, plays emulators and stored (read: pirated) DS games on 4 Gigabits or 512 Megabytes of storage.

Nothing musical this year, anything I'm interested in, and there isn't much I'm interested in, got pushed back--new Rancid, new Gogol Bordello, new Modest Mouse. I've heard some live versions of some of their new songs, ridiculously rad.

My bass is neato without an amp, and incredible with an amp. The strings buzzed but I spent a few hours learning how to and doing a neck adjustment, or two, and it's all better.

I got a new black leather belt(needed one desperately), a a whiskey tasting glass, with a bottle of jamesons to go with it, from my GF. I got her the fox and the hound dvd, a claddagh ring thats one size too small, and a queen elizabeth I doll from the unemployed philosophers guild

my mother got me a set of thermals, and my grandpa got me a cheap 2 pen set that only had one pen in it. my GF's mom gave me some batteries (which I always need) some chapsticks (which I never use), and a couple of tree ornaments. even though it looks like a crappy haul, it was really more than I asked for, cuz I really didn't want anything. was in a rather scroogey mood this year.

Band of Brothers, Grizzly Man, and Blue Planet on DVD
A Small IKEA tool set
A set of gunsmithing screwdrivers (now I can take apart my Auto-5 without ruining the screw heads)
Some Candy
A new optical mouse to replace old mouse that wore down its ball

Clothes
Civil War documentary DVD
Knife
LED flashlight
Rossi .410 bore shotgun / .22LR rifle combo gun! - came with a sweet carrying case too. It's simple to disassemble and re-assemble. The guy at the store gave my parents the wrong .22LR barrel, he gave them the 20 gauge model one, so we gotta go back and get it swapped with the right gun barrel
Stuff for my gun
.410 shells
Laptop (gotta fix the arrow key, buy a battery so I can actually make it truly portable instead of just a comp for my room and re-install XP and it'll be golden)
Pool table (family gift)

Naked Snake said:

Rossi .410 bore shotgun / .22LR rifle combo gun! - came with a sweet carrying case too. It's simple to disassemble and re-assemble. The guy at the store gave my parents the wrong .22LR barrel, he gave them the 20 gauge model one, so we gotta go back and get it swapped with the right gun barrel

Going rabbit hunting? Whats the procedure to change out the barrels?

Dr. Zin said:

Going rabbit hunting? Whats the procedure to change out the barrels?

You unscrew the sling-mount, take off the foregrip, push the ejector or whatever you call it to open the barrel and it slides right out.

Yeah, and pheasent and other stuff. If I can load .45LC in here, which I'm gonna find out from Rossi of it can, I can use it to hunt deer as well.

Misc
$25 Exxon Card
$50 Exxon Card
$25 + $40 = $60 in cash
Russell Stovers Chocolate Covered Cherries
Replacement for my lost Cologne and Deodorants

Gaming/Computer
USB Headset
Megaman ZX
Rampage Wii
Call of Duty 3 Wii

DVD
Lupin III DVD
TMNT Season 3
Fresh Prince Season 1

$250 Best Buy gift card that I'm mostly going to spend on upgrading my Dell
The Beatles - Revolver
Failure - Fantastic Planet
Tron (2-disc edition)
Full Metal Jacket
2 sets of silverware from two different people (and my rommate got a set too, so we're kind of overwhelmed. :P)
A new electric razor
3 new work shirts
A 60-day gift card for World of Warcraft
A cool D&D mini (of a Cornugon)
A Gamecube + Cel Damage + that one Star Wars space fighter game

Ralphis said:

Misc
$25 Exxon Card
$50 Exxon Card
$25 + $40 = $60 in cash

Wow, that could buy you gas for a month.

Naked Snake said:

You unscrew the sling-mount, take off the foregrip, push the ejector or whatever you call it to open the barrel and it slides right out.

Yeah, and pheasent and other stuff. If I can load .45LC in here, which I'm gonna find out from Rossi of it can, I can use it to hunt deer as well.

That is pretty easy. All of the other singleshots having you take out the screwdriver.

I'd say .410 is way too light for Pheasant, you'll just piss yourself off. I like to use 1.25 oz loads in my 12 or 20, although I'll settle for 1 oz if I can't find 3" magnums for the 20. The .410 has half an ounce, a little bit more in the 3" mags. The guys that I hunt with got started for the most part on .410s and hated them because they would lose birds they should have nailed. Plus you want multiple shots, especially if a bird hits the ground running.

Also, unless the gun is specifically meant to shoot both .45LC's and .410's I wouldn't do it. They both have the same case head diameter to the .45LC will chamber, but the .410 goes through a forcing cone into the .41 bore, and doing that with the .45 bullet really raises pressure. People get away with it, but I wouldn't do it when my hands and face are at risk. There are some dual purpose guns which use a .45 diameter bore.

My brother found an old tweed jacket with leather elbow patches and gave it to me, with an apple, addressed to "Mr. Browning". Funniest damn thing I have ever seen.

Here goes

Xbox360
Gears of War
Saints Row
Condemmed
The Mitchell and Webb Situation
South Park: Bigger,Longer,Uncut
Bunny Suicide Book
Bunny Suicide Calander
I hate other people's kids (Book)
Chocolates

Most importantly I got a lot of senior year out of the way and I got into college.

I also got an 80gb video iPod (first iPod/mp3 player ever) and a new power supply for computer and a sweatshirt for my college. And some dvds/books/etc and I made myself a cool duct tape wallet.

At school, my group of friends generally don't trade gifts but some people will give stuff making me feel guilty since I never really shop for my friends (since they never really shop for friends either). But I got cards from two girls (I was kind of surprised about this and felt bad since I didn't really get them anything, not expecting anything from them.. well one of them I sort of expected something but wasn't really sure) and then my friend gave me a new hackey sack and my other friend got me a magic trick card thingy.

My girlfriend got me a switch blade, the HUNK and zombie resident evil action figures, and the first Silent Hill for Playstation. That thing really jumped up in price. My brother got me Wondershowzen season 2, and Jane's Gun Recognition Guide. My mom got me a nice computer chair, a nice gun cleaning kit, a cookbook, and wondershowzen season 2. My dad got me 520 rounds of 7.62x39, which should come in handy. Other people were money and gift cards, which can still be pretty useful.

Here's what I got:

XBOX 360 Premium Bundle
Call of Duty 3
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
$35 Best Buy gift card
$25 Gamestop gift card
G-Shock Digital Watch
Clothes
House Slippers
Shoes

Wanted:
The Dangerous book for boys (Everyone should own this!!)
Great British comics - a century of ripping yarns and wizard wheezes

Got:
Those two
Ipod Nano
Ipod speaker thingy
Some children's science books
Some avant-garde comedy book from some (i presume) TV series only media students have heard of. But it's funny as fuck.
Chocolate Money (Including some Deutschmarks and Pence among the Euros)
A giant mug the size of a cereal bowl for hot chocolate
and some SURE stuff

The Doctor Who christmas special wasnt as good as last year's (had some unfunny 'comedian' on it who all the twats like), but Torchwood will be ending soon and the end of it looks cool, includes a Godzilla-esque monster stomping Cardiff to the ground!. Plus another spinoff is starting, called Sarah Jane Adventures, and it has K-9 in it! Of course the new year should also bring the second and final series of the excellent Life On Mars. To be "re-imagined" in a hollywood near you soon!