• Qatsi Trilogy
    • Neverending Story
    • Blade
    • Scream
    • Eternity/Serenity/Infinity
    • Memento Mori/Memento Mori 2/Requiem
    • The Theban Plays by Sophocles
    • Indiana Jones

I know some of these aren't exactly easy to compare.

My pick is probably LOTR, with Matrix being a close second. Because I think that all three LOTR movies are equally great, and in the Matrix Trilogy the first one is better than the sequels.

I also have the sneaking suspicion that I missed a really obvious trilogy on the poll, so if there's one I didn't think of, please let me know.

Lord of the Rings obviously! Matrix sucked after the first one, Terminator went down hill after the first one, although I did like the last two installments. As for the other choices, I've never seen them so I can't judge those. But each Lord of the Rings was great, so that wins by a landslide. The last three Star Wars prequels sucked, except the last one, that one was actually pretty good. I haven't seen Indiana Jones in ages, memory banks are fried for that one. But yeah, LOTR BIAAATCH!!

WARNING: THE AUTHOR OF THIS POST IS CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING AN EXTREME, OUT OF BODY LIKE EXPERIENCE(fucking hang over from hell).

The fact that fucking Lord of the Rings is beating out the Man with No Name trilogy is deeply depressing.

I hate the Matrix.

Where's Rambo (the fourth wasn't filmed yet so still a triology).

1)Star wars (A new hope, empire stikes back, return of the jedi)
2)Lord of the rings
3)Matrix
4)Indiana Jones
5)Back to the future
6)X-men
7)The Terminator
8)Die hard

Aaaand if the Alien series was an trilogy it would have been on the first place.
Lethal weapon was cool as well but its not an trilogy either it would have done good in my list though.

Vegeta said:

I hate the Matrix.

Where's Rambo (the fourth wasn't filmed yet so still a triology).

I hear Stallone is doing another Rambo after Rocky Balboa. Maybe it's just a rumor.

There, I added some of the more popular ones. I suppose there's more, but by now there's probably as many options as there are people who have yet to vote :P

Well if we're just going by trilogies that have already been made into movies, then I vote for the original Star Wars one. The Empire Strikes Back is one of the greatest movies of all time.

There arent alot of trilogies I like...
So I picked the matrix, personally I'd pick rocky over any of these shows any day of the week but thats not really a trilogy now is it?

Jesus, I sure didn't think this poll through very carefully. I missed THE GODFATHER, for pete's sake. And I missed Evil Dead, which is quite possibly the best trilogy ever. I suck.

Rocky sucked after the first one, so did Rambo. If Stallone makes a Rambo 4, I'm going to vomit blood.

Blade Trilogy sucked, Mission Impossible Trilogy sucked.

If you ask me, Star Wars started going downhill after Empire. fucking Ewoks...

I honestly can't see how you can hate the two Matrix sequels and like the first one... the second two are mostly more of the same stuff that was in the first. Also, even if you don't like the direction the story takes, they're still very exciting and action-packed and the CGI is really impressive. Reloaded and Revolutions are sure as hell better than most of the shit in theaters these days.

I might think about adding the "Darren Aronofsky" trilogy: Pi, Requiem For A Dream, and The Fountain. Man, that guy is amazing. I've been thinking about starting a thread for The Fountain just because it's so controversial and there are so many interesting views on it.

Captain Red said:

due to near unforgivable absence of the Indiana Jones trilogy (and seriously WTF?!), I'm going to vote for the dollars trilogy.

Yeah, I was not on the ball when I made this thread.

Eh, I thought Robocop went downhill after the first one. The first one fucking rocked though.

Tough call on the poll though, especially without Indiana Jones. Quite a few of those are pretty damn good.