How White is Your Christmas?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. How White is Your Christmas?

• Blizzard/White-out
    • Deep snow everywhere
    • Fluffy layer of white snow
    • Maybe a touch of frost, slush or sleet
    • Any water is in its liquid state
    • Bright warm day (southern hemisphere/tropics)

No snow here either (southern michigan) but from what i hear rain should be moving in this afternoon/evening.. and a high of 42.

Even that sounds better than the freezing fog we've had here for much of the last week or so. I noticed a few days ago that Bristol (51.5°N) was, for a while, colder than Longyearbyen (78°N). But still no snow.

Just rain...shame, really, we usually have really nice white Christmases...but not this time. :(

Where I'm at here in Colorado, we had 29 inches of snow last week. Some of it has melted, but we still have about 1 to 1.5 feet of snow left outside. We had more snow last night, but it didn't stick. So we have a very white Christmas this year. I think it's about 40 degrees F. outside right now.

It's autumn. Unless we're all gonna die after a few decades for youknowwhat, I like this weather.

It's been pretty frosty all week so the frost is now deep enough that it actually looks like snow. It's very dry, very crisp and there is not a breath of wind. It's -9°C right now which I think is about 16°F. So the "touch of frost" from the poll doesn't quite cover it really. :)

Small village about 16 miles outside Aberdeen Scotland. The location of the village tends to mean we are a couple of degrees colder than the surrounding area.

Well, now at 3am it's freezing a bit (-5°C), but no snow. The first snow was in the end of October, and after that, the whole November and the first decade of December where probably breaking the records as the warmest ever (going to unimaginable +10°C in December, I even saw horses groomin'). Now the temperature tries to reach the normal for the season on occasions (like now), but it fails very soon. And further forecast says that we'll have +6°C very soon, indeed. Ok, I don't mind warm weather, but the problem is that's it's warm just because there's no clear sky. And I hate when there's no clear sky.

Well, usually there's more clear weather after the New Year's eve, and more cold weather of course. And then I'll be missing the warm December...

No snow here, but I'm not going to give Al Gore props just yet.

christmas eve it was around the mid 50's, dry, clear, and windy. christmas day cooler in the 40's and 50's, overcast and windy with rain in the evening.

The morning of the 23rd we got like 2 inches, but it had melted by Xmas. It was actually raining really hard Xmas Eve. Just for the record though, it has only ever snowed on Xmas once here during my lifetime and I've lived here since I was 2. So really, we did better than most years.

Nah, seasonal inversion, it'll probably be snowy here soon enough... like, by April.

Damnit, this poll should've been multichoice, because Christmas is more than a day! Yesterday was summer, today is winter.