Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rebdoomin

7 levels, 25 to go!!!!

Hi guys a while back, i started a project called mission doom which consists of 32 levels and has custom music as well as, custom graphics, and a hack that makes the marine talk. Yet, it can be run with doom2 its self and does not require a doom port.

Do u guys know where i can get some christmas and 4th of july themed decorations with graphics? I also i want to change the look of the monsters. I thought about making a battle of Irojema themed level with the marines raising the pole so i thought about hunting for graphics for a vegetation mountain. "cant spell irojema right"

My 32 level mega.wad is a one person operation.
I have been strongly discouraged by other doomers along the way but im still going. And the mega.wad already looks great. According to 5 of my friends who tested the unfinnished editions. Right now it has metallica for the music, and some celtic themed levels along with the marine yelling "BULL SHIT!!!!!!" every time he shoots the bfg9000 The marine saids many cool quotes sounding like James Bond.

Any way, thank you for any reference on where to get the decorations and graphics.

*please dont refer me to the doom levels page because i searched there for hours and i did not find one. i found a doom.wad that customised the player but not the demons.

rebdoomin said:

along with the marine yelling "BULL SHIT!!!!!!" every time he shoots the bfg9000

Offtopic, but i really don't like the sound of that.

i guess your right. i wont make him say that. but i still think its cool the way he saids hello to the 21st century and sounds like james bond. He has at least 7 differant phrases. Please let me know if u find a 4th of july, jungle mountain, or christmas themed set of things and textures.

Neither do I.

Back in topic. I suggest looking at "10 years of DOOM" section. Look for "twilight warrior" there's a lot of vegetation graphics there (and in some other wads from that sections), I don't know if the authors give permission or not. There're also one or two Christmas mods.

If by "marine talking" you refer to replace the sound of the attacks, and his death, pain, mphh, sounds, then I recomend to include the sounds in an optional wad as many may find them annoying.

In the famous Aliens Tc, some times the marine receives/send radio messages when he enters in rooms, I recomend you to take a look.

Another thing I'd like to tell you, I'm not pretending to discourage you, but 32 may be too much I'd keep a plan B with less maps, perhaps, 6 (mergin two maps), 7, or 8 to 11. So if for whatever reason you want to finish sooner you can, avoiding to abandon the project or releasing it incomplete.

well im already on level 7 and i am not running out of ideas and my morale is extremely high. So ill let people know when its done. i spent so much time on it.

thank you very much for the advice

Have any screenshots? Of course you aren't obligated to show off your progress, but based on how excited you are what better way to get others excited too than to show progress.

well i have made screen shots before but i cannot get them to work. i took screen shots by pressing print screen systemrq and than i go to the screenshot and i cant get it open.

BUT BACK TO THE TOPIC!!!!

I had 5 of my friends in person volinteer to test the unfinnished publishions of my mega.wad and they say it pwns.

each level has it's own theme.
level 1, is the layout of my home
level 2, is a paintball tortoment
level 3, is iraq
level 4, is is similar to a stone henge with some under ground sewers,
level 5, is a crop circle made by aliens from outer space
level 6, is a blood bath
and level 7 (which i finnished 5 minutes ago) is a warehouse where hell has boken loose. Level 7, you are exposed to the elements of
ice, fire, and earth.
25 levels to go!!

what do u think?

I don't think including Iraq is a good thing, unless it has nothing to do with the events that happened and happen for real (yet I suppose that the only thing that has any relation with Iraq is the name).

Is there any theme or plot, or is it more about including all level ideas you have inside a megawad.

But really the quote "one picture says more than thousand words" seems very representative here. Yet if I'm not wrong, most of us can imagine how the wad is.

rebdoomin said:

level 3, is iraq
level 6, is a blood bath
and level 7 (which i finnished 5 minutes ago) is a warehouse where hell has boken loose. Level 7, you are exposed to the elements of
ice, fire, and earth.
25 levels to go!!

... what

If you're going to call level 3 Iraq, I suggest giving it a different name since some people may find it offensive or just plain retarded. Just call it "Generic middle eastern country", "Hot, Dry, Land of Nothing" or "Desert Plains" or something. Hell, just make up a crazy name for it.

Oh and some screenshots might be good. :)

Lizardcommando said:

If you're going to call level 3 Iraq, I suggest giving it a different name since some people may find it offensive or just plain retarded. Just call it "Generic middle eastern country", "Hot, Dry, Land of Nothing" or "Desert Plains" or something. Hell, just make up a crazy name for it.

Calling that one map something other than Iraq will not save this wad. :P

Lizardcommando said:

A beach without water. :)

cool! or maybe Egypt. I could change the sprites and put in a walking corpse. i might replace the zombies with leprecauns and it's gibberish yelling takes away 10 health every second ur near it.

for the 3rd time, i cant get screen shots to work.

I like your enthusiasm and I am with you on your project, but until you show us screens...

RebDoomin, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Photobucket.com

Use it :)

thank you oh and i cannot even get the screen shot files to work. i tried screen shots from doom legacy and zdaemon but neither work.

and the theme? theres a theme for each level.

level 3, is a dessert
level 6, is a blood bath
ice, fire, and earth.
25 levels to go!!

A theme is one central idea. A progression from tech to hell, a progression from caves to tech to hell, etc. What you have is a bunch of random levels. So like I said, I hope it works out for you.

rebdoomin said:
thank you oh and i cannot even get the screen shot files to work. i tried screen shots from doom legacy and zdaemon but neither work.

and the theme? theres a theme for each level.

level 3, is a dessert
level 6, is a blood bath
ice, fire, and earth.
25 levels to go!!

Try using Zdoom. Go to controls. Go to Other. Choose a button for "Screenshot". Take it, put it on your photobucket Account. Your picture should show a URL under it which you can copy, and paste on your post. -_-.

If it runs in doom2.exe then you can take screenshots running the game like this

doom2 -file yourwad.wad -devparm

Once in game press F1 to take screenshots

Go to
http://imageshack.us/

And upload them.

Anyway, I have checked one of your wads (vampire hunting), is this new wad similar in style to it?

rebdoomin said:

level 3, is a dessert

Unless you've made a level set in a bowl of icecream or a pot of yoghurt, i think you mean desert.

rebdoomin said:
well i have made screen shots before but i cannot get them to work.

Man, it's hard to get enthusiastic about a megawad being made by someone who isn't (even) capable of taking screen shots...

myk said:

Man, it's hard to get enthusiastic about a megawad being made by someone who isn't (even) capable of taking screen shots...

Agree. Also, I think he is stalling with screenshots because from the sound of things, they probably suck.

Seeing all the map names makes me think what kind of weird story the megawad will have :)Good luck with taking screens its not easy to make them and use *hint imageshack *hint* to put them on any forum.

no i am not stalling i honestly cannot get screen shots to work. andp photo bucket requires me to go pro.

IT kind of is one theme. because some were in america there realy is all those things. like ur going from ur house, to a anonymous paintball field. your going from an anonymous paintball field, to a dessert after enlisting in the marines. than u go from a dessert, to being deployed back to homeland. its winter by the time u get back so its also icey and snowy. it is one very vivid theme.

if you think i wont get it done, your wrong because i have many friends outside of this computer who are counting on me and they wont stop asking to play it.