Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jobro

Some music by me

I decided to create this thread to post some of my music (MIDI files) that you can use with your levels. I cannot convert to MUS format, and have no intrest in doing that, but I think that you might like my music. If you want to use it, then give some credit in your levels. Instead of using heavy metal music that's just so much cliché I prefer to make more laidback music that brings a new dimension to the game. More songs will be added when they're finnished.

Intermission.mid

Sounds more like something from an RPG. So i may use it in an RPG Maker 2000 day, heh.

Ever hear of the Beatrix Potter TV series? a midi version of the theme to that would be a fitting RPG tune too...

Its a nice way to set a level apart from others.

One must be careful though; look at The Darkening E2, great level design with finely wrought textures, but fitted with a soundtrack that dampens the mood set by all that. The music isn't bad per se and has some experimental touches, but should not have (for the most part) been used in a DOOM wad.

This tune, though, seems to work well ingame, or (in accordance with the filename), for the intermission. It's relatively light but it has the sort of theme that can fit the game (gently moody but slightly epic).

I'm very glad you like this. I've got more music on my desktop, will put up some more agressive stuff.

If you want to use it in other things than doom then it's obviously ok with me as long as you give proper credit in your game.