Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mewdoom

How to use wadauthor with zdoom ?

Hi, I want to try my new monsters, so I put it in decorate and in the wad too, now how I add it on the map ?

With edge I was using wadauthor, I just have to add the id in the config file, but I don't know how to do it with zdoom.

I use XWE to copy all map data into the wad file that contains the sprites and decorate file.Or just copy all sprites and decorate into any map ive made, or use db and save your map into your decorate file I asume wadauthor can do the same.

Hope this helps.

Ok :) because I make my own wad, so I extract from various wad's I found sprites, sounds etc with deutex, for this, does exist a better way ? because sometimes deutex telling me it cannot extract somes things, I don't know why.

And I use doom builder to edit maps instead of wadauthor but when I load DE_EP1.wad from DE-PKG I dont have access to the new decorations. I think its because they are in a seperate file ?

If I understand right I dont have to tell doom builder to add a new things because it load all decorations so new monsters are in decorations section instead of the monsters section in doom builder ?

Do you mean DE-PKG it is for hexen ?

But I don't understand when I make the wad with deutex I got errors in doom builder when I load it.

WARNING: Could not find the required lump for the patch EFSKY4
WARNING: Could not find the required lump for the patch EFSKY3
WARNING: Could not find the required lump for the patch EFSKY2
WARNING: Could not find the required lump for the patch EFSKY1

I think its because deutex have not extracted theses lumps when I extract it

And I don't see the pictures of the new monsters when I edit things with doom builder in the decorate section.