Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VinceDSS

Heretic Max Black Plague Demopack

Black Plague demopack completed !!!

Bruno wanted to release this as a christmas present, so he rushed to get the last demos done in time :)

Thanks to all the players that took a part in this project!!

Demopack here : http://lsvc.free.fr/Heretic-N/Demos/Misc/HT-BPmax.zip

Episode 1:
Map 1 - Vincent Catalaa - 2:14
Map 2 - Laurent "Squonk" Sebellin - 5:23
Map 3 - Vile - 2:41
Map 4 - Vincent Catalaa - 4:27
Map 5 - Vincent Catalaa - 6:13
Map 6 - Wilou - 6:18
Map 7 - Bruno Vergilio - 8:33
Map 8 - Bruno Vergilio - 2:38
Map 9 - Vincent Catalaa - 5:26

Episode 2:
Map 1 - Vincent Catalaa - 1:24
Map 2 - Vincent Catalaa - 4:50
Map 3 - Vincent Catalaa - 5:17
Map 4 - Bruno Vergilio - 8:30
Map 5 - JC - 6:14
Map 6 - Bruno Vergilio - 6:55
Map 7 - Vincent Catalaa - 6:06
Map 8 - Vincent Catalaa - 2:27
Map 9 - Vincent Catalaa - 7:43

Episode 3:
Map 1 - Vincent Catalaa - 4:49
Map 2 - Vincent Catalaa - 4:56
Map 3 - Bruno Vergilio - 7:31
Map 4 - Bruno Vergilio - 8:12
Map 5 - Bruno Vergilio - 7:08
Map 6 - Bruno Vergilio - 6:47
Map 7 - Bruno Vergilio - 12:57
Map 8 - Vincent Catalaa - 4:43
Map 9 - Vincent Catalaa - 5:43

Episode 4:
Map 1 - Vincent Catalaa - 13:02
Map 2 - Bruno Vergilio - 7:57
Map 3 - Bruno Vergilio - 14:16
Map 4 - Bruno Vergilio - 11:06
Map 5 - Bruno Vergilio - 13:20
Map 6 - Bruno Vergilio - 12:07
Map 7 - Bruno Vergilio - 12:29
Map 8 - Vincent Catalaa - 3:44
Map 9 - Vincent Catalaa - 13:18

Episode 5:
Map 1 - Bruno Vergilio - 12:01
Map 2 - Bruno Vergilio - 7:44
Map 3 - Vincent Catalaa - 8:03
Map 4 - Bruno Vergilio - 9:30
Map 5 - Laurent "Squonk" Sebellin - 23:55
Map 6 - Bruno Vergilio - 12:39
Map 7 - Vincent Catalaa - 13:04
Map 8 - Vincent Catalaa - 6:08
Map 9 - Vincent Catalaa - 11:55

Episode 6:
Map 1 - Vincent Catalaa - 5:10
Map 2 - Vincent Catalaa - 11:27
Map 3 - Bruno Vergilio - 1:32

sure, it's yours now.

You can get more if you think you gonna have time before the end of your vacations.

Edit : I got demos for e4m1 and e4m8 but they really reek ... I am gonna try to improve them. But e4m1 is so hard I only got 1 exit in ~3h tries ...

Your demo is in incoming now, and also the first 2007 Heretic Demo :)

Edit : E4M1 and E4M8 uploaded ... I am glad to be over with that SOB E4M1.

Edit2: completed E6M2, and for non-demopack demos E2M8 Nightmare and a demo showing that E3M8 is impossible (or close to) in Nightmare.

Finished e5m4... got a little confused... lost some time... well... it can be improved, but for the pack it's alright... now give me one day for resting hehe... then I'll get back...

Vile, wow, I didn't expect you to be still interested in Heretic. Nice to see you here.

e5m7 uploaded.

Got 2:50 so far. I'll post that or whatever beat it before bed, if anything.

Also, a comment about e3m8 in nightmare skill... say you have the first D'Sparil on foot and a second one on the dragon. Maybe weaken both to what you believe to be near death, kill the second one's dragon, then finish the first D'Sparil. If his death kills the second one, there you go. :)

Wow, demos are coming in fast lately ... it's gonna be finished before I expected :)

I am at work now, you demos will be uploaded tonight (GMT-8).

E5M9 done in 11:55, it's slow because it's real easy to miss a monster in the maze or get a monster stuck somewhere. Even I spent some time looking for em I wasted quite a few runs. This is not an easy and short map so hoping for sheer luck at the end isn't really an option, especially for my limited time.

@wilou : I got your demo, but next time name it h1f6 instead of h1m6 :)

hey sign me for e5m1... I was just getting it haha, but that malotaur fucked me when I was going to get the wings of wrath to get to the eye... but I think I can do it...

I understand you, It could look like an eye :)

Interesting fact : 16 demos in Incoming since the last update on 1-jan. It's more than a demo per day, keep the good work guys !!

wow, you are unstoppable :)

with vile here, I wonder if we should make it more open and allow people to beat each others demos ? It would make it more fun for the watchers. But some maps would be left out anyway because not very demo friendly... what do you think ?

Well, I was thinking... we could finish this pack first, then ppl could be our times if they want... but the pack has more priority, so... we should finish it first...

I wasn't going to run through a whole lot of levels, so you don't have to change your plans on account of me. :)

Anyway, I improved e1m3 to 2:41 and now I'm moving on. That time was faster than anything I got WITHOUT 100% kills, so I'll just assume everything worked out okay. I was smarter with the shadowsphere by saving it for the end because cleaning up the gargoyles was more difficult with it on, I noticed. With them charging in random directions instead of right at me, they were more unpredictable. Using it against the skeletons/golems was better.

I'll go ahead with e2m2 next.

EDIT: Heh, I just noticed one reason why I appreciate these levels... doors that stay open = cool.

your demos are impressive as always. They make me ashamed of the poor demos I could produce in my limited time.

about the sphere, yes it can be very annoying with some monsters. In e5m9, I tried once to use it in the room full of monks + 4 liches, I died in no time. It was making the enemies projectiles completely unpredictable.