Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tris84

turning a goalie mask into a helmet like the Doom Guy wears

Recommended Posts

Hey. I had a question. How would I go about making the Doom Guy's helmet out of an old goalie mask. It's like the one Dominik Hasek wears, a normal hockey helmet with a cage-style face mask with the chim pad attached to the bottom of the mask. The helmet and the mask are both white. Plz let me know.

Share this post


Link to post

OMG, Doomguy cosplay? Actually I think an off-read motorbike helmet or even a Shredder helmet (the one from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) would work better.

About the clothing...well, you'd need to either be a pretty beefy guy or wear a heavily padded jumpsuit :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Maes said:

OMG, Doomguy cosplay? Actually I think an off-read motorbike helmet or even a Shredder helmet (the one from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) would work better.

About the clothing...well, you'd need to either be a pretty beefy guy or wear a heavily padded jumpsuit :-)


You could always try and make one out of a scuba suit. And then wear olive drab pants over it. Football pads for the top.

Share this post


Link to post

I've been trying to make a convincing Doom marine uniform to help excite my sex life.

I'd make the suit out of a wet suite and football armor, but the helmet has me lost.

Share this post


Link to post
Technician said:

I've been trying to make a convincing Doom marine uniform to help excite my sex life.

I'd make the suit out of a wet suite and football armor, but the helmet has me lost.


Thats quite perverted. Is your sex partner an imp?

Share this post


Link to post

The only other kind of helmet I have is a full-face Harley-Davidson helmet, and that's black.

Also, how much do you think the Doom Guy weighs? I weigh between 220 and 240. I just fwel like trying something like this just for the hell of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Tris84 said:

The only other kind of helmet I have is a full-face Harley-Davidson helmet, and that's black.

Also, how much do you think the Doom Guy weighs? I weigh between 220 and 240. I just fwel like trying something like this just for the hell of it.


I think he's about 5'11, stout but powerful, so he's probably 265-280, somewhere about that. He's a tough guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Tris84 said:

Would weight lifting gloves work? Thery black half finger gloves by Bell.

Brown Leather Gloves. Think Construction Worker.

Share this post


Link to post
Tris84 said:

The only other kind of helmet I have is a full-face Harley-Davidson helmet, and that's black.

Also, how much do you think the Doom Guy weighs? I weigh between 220 and 240. I just fwel like trying something like this just for the hell of it.


You could try cosplaying as the Heavy Weapon Dude, you don't even need the helmet, just a sexy leather or PVC jumpsuit, a goatee and a shaved head.

Share this post


Link to post

Dude, my parents would kill me if I had my head shaved.

Also, I don't have a goatee, just a little peach fuzz. lol

BTW: How do you think the Doom Guy would look in Jeans, his helmet, and a Texas hoodie?

Share this post


Link to post
sidarmas said:

Thats quite perverted. Is your sex partner an imp?


IMPSE DETECTED!
lol...

Maes said;


You could try cosplaying as the Heavy Weapon Dude, you don't even need the helmet, just a sexy leather or PVC jumpsuit, a goatee and a shaved head.


And a machine gun.

Share this post


Link to post
Optimus-Prime said:

And a machine gun.


Yeah, which leads to the question: which is more manly, the heavy weapon dude or the shotgun sergeant? (look at my sig)

Both require a shaved head however, and the sergeant is somewhat slimmer than the chubby heavy weapon dude.

I guess Doomguy would beat them all, since he has the BFG (yes, pun intended).

Just pick the one that in your opinion better helps you assert your manliness e.g. "Fear my BFG, ho'!" or "Let's exchance some hot, manly lead, man 2 man" etc. etc.

Share this post


Link to post

Sergeant= Vin Deisel
Chaingunner= Mr. T

Damn, I can't decide who's sexier.

(back on topic)

Heh, one of my first experiences involving Doom was this sprite sheet.

Wanna know what that has to do with this thread?

I'm a bit of a spriter (not a very good one, but I try). I also play paintball. My first painball match, I wore a green T-shirt, and I posed whilst someone took a photo of me while I was in full paintball gear, gun included. Then, I see that sheet a few months later and I'm all LIEK OMFG!!!1

I've been trying to get stuff for my own Doomguy costume, and have the overall look of Doomguy altered to suit my skinny ass whilst still retaining the original's overall first impression. Here's what I'm gonna try:

  • A paintball helmet. Not a mask, a helmet. The kind that covers your entire head. I realize that it's a bit of a drastic step away from the original's helmet, but anything else would make my head look huge in comparison to the rest of my body.

  • A torso piece of that birtbike armor stuff dealy, spraypainted green, with a black T-shirt underneath it to give the illusion of some kind of underlying matte material.

  • Khaki pants. Nothing goes with green like khaki, especially if you're gonna go military.

  • Combat Boots, preferably heavy, steel-toed ones, so if someone says you look gay, you can sackblast them more effectively.

  • Brown leather gloves. I've already got a pair that'll be awesome for this.
You're on your own for weapon replicas, though...

Share this post


Link to post

OK, now this starts seriously worrying me. Doomguy had all this arousing potential all this time and we just let it pass like that? *goes to craft his own Doomguy costume for intimate occasions*

If anyone completes his own, feel free to post a photo of it here :-)
Just keep it work-safe, will ya...

Share this post


Link to post
Tris84 said:

How do you think the Doom Guy would look in Jeans, his helmet, and a Texas hoodie?


Imp bait.

Share this post


Link to post
Tris84 said:

BTW: How do you think the Doom Guy would look in Jeans, his helmet, and a Texas hoodie?


You didn't specify if the hood should be worn over the helmet :-)

Share this post


Link to post

Im going to do this for next halloween with a motorcycle helmet, and use a nerf gun for the BFG9000 lol

Share this post


Link to post

Beware. All those efforts start as innocent Doomguy cosplay, but quickly degenerate into furry fandom and weird fanfiction which in turn degenerate into XXX-rated jokewads such as Imp Encounter or "Doomguy's pimp ventures" [sic]. Thou hast been warned.

Share this post


Link to post

OK, how about this?

First of all, which NFL team is the Doom Guy's favorite?

Second of all, how would he look in that team's jersey?

Share this post


Link to post
Tris84 said:

OK, how about this?

First of all, which NFL team is the Doom Guy's favorite?

Second of all, how would he look in that team's jersey?

  1. First of all, he's a tough marine that DOESN'T like NFL or other sports for that matter, he only wants to rip and tear
  2. Second of all, he would look just like a big guy wearing that team's jersey. Do an MS-paint hack-job and find our yourself
  3. Good Day, Sir.

Share this post


Link to post

Maes said:[list=A]

  • First of all, he's a tough marine that DOESN'T like NFL or other sports for that matter, he only wants to rip and tear

  • Actually, considering that we are talking about the guy who got lucky with an imp, I wouldn't be surprised if he was interested in a "sports" spectacle where overgrown men hug and run into each other.

    On the other hand, since UAC (the name) sounds more European than American, it could be that the big mean UAC bosses, in their hatred would have used their majicks to make the (lamer) American football illegal in favor of the real football (aka 'soccer'). Thus, Doomguy wouldn't even know what American football is...

    Share this post


    Link to post

    Tris84 said:
    First of all, which NFL team is the Doom Guy's favorite?

    The New York Jets, of course.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    myk said:

    The New York Jets, of course.


    Dude, the Jets suck! Did you see the game last sunday, they got run into the ground by the Patriots.

    Go Saints! All the way, baby!

    Share this post


    Link to post

    This is ridiculous, Doomguy is just supposed to rip and tear n' stuff, not to watch NFL on his couch with pizzas and a beer belly...and an Imp, ewww.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Tris84 said:

    which NFL team is the Doom Guy's favorite?

    Tris84 said:

    Dude, the Jets suck! Did you see the game last sunday, they got run into the ground by the Patriots.

    Go Saints! All the way, baby!


    Now had the question been "Which NFL team is Tris84's favorite?" then the Saints would be understandable.
    I think Doomguy's favorite team is the Green Bay Packers.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    GGG said:

    Now had the question been "Which NFL team is Tris84's favorite?" then the Saints would be understandable.
    I think Doomguy's favorite team is the Green Bay Packers.


    STFU, man! Just--Just STFU, OK.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Tris84 said:

    STFU, man! Just--Just STFU, OK.


    Come on, gentlemen, let's not lose our temper, shall we?

    Share this post


    Link to post

    Please sign in to comment

    You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



    Sign In Now
    ×